Windows 10: Strange CS:GO crash

Discus and support Strange CS:GO crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'll start off my saying that I have no idea if this is the best place to post this, or if anyone will have the expertise to be able to help or be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vols and Jezuz, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Strange CS:GO crash

I'll start off my saying that I have no idea if this is the best place to post this, or if anyone will have the expertise to be able to help or be able to point me somewhere that may.

I maintain a program that some people use in CS:GO and other games for raw mouse input. It needs to detect when frames are rendered to make it work as intended for all the in-game menus and such, so I hook D3D9 Endscene. Source code in case that can help: VolsandJezuz/Rinput-Library

Anyway, one user (on Windows 10 x64) is having a strange issue where CS:GO crashes immediately when my DLL attempts to inject. I looked at the game crash dump (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...mJINm9EMGpDbWs), and it seems like it's some conflict with Data Execution Prevention, but I don't really know enough to get more out of the crash dump than that guess.

The strange part is that it only crashes for him with v1.42 and v1.43 of my program, which utilize a mid-function hook for D3D9 Endscene. But earlier versions which use a different hooking method aren't a problem.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with a Windows 10 feature, because it's security features have caused me headaches in the past with another program I made. But I've had another user with Windows 10 x64 try v1.43 and it worked just fine.

We've tried disabling DEP, running all involved programs as administrator, and reinstalling CS:GO and Steam. I'm have no idea how to narrow down what is causing this or how to fix it. I hope someone on here can help or point me in the direction of someone who might be able to help. Thanks

:)

Vols and Jezuz, Jan 15, 2016
  2. keirf Win User

CS-15 and Nokia Internet Modem takes 15-30 minutes to request PIN

Further investigation reveals that sporadic (once every 2 to 3 days) crashes of my laptop are due to Nokia Internet Modem. Exiting the software causes the crashes to go away, and re-enabling it means the crashes return after a couple of days. The crashes
    only occur when the CS-15 isn't plugged into the laptop.

I've been able to test this because I leave the CS-15 at the cottage, so it is only used at the weekend, but the Nokia Internet Modem software continues to run in the system tray during the week.

I have ordered a WiFi access point which claims to support the CS-15, and when it arrives I will uninstall Nokia Internet Modem from my PC. I'll report here once the access point arrives if this solution works.

keirf, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Screen Resolution issue after anniversary update

Original title: complain about new update in august

what the **** did u Microsoft guys bring update to my pc. my cs go has gone mad. always starts with 30 fps though I have msi gtx 980 ti and it returns to its original fps(378fps) only after I change resolution settings and when I do so after 30 minutes
    or so it automatically crashes the game.i cant even adjust brightness settings in cs go.previously before update it ran fine. tried uninstalling cs go and re installing in same and different location didn't work, tried tweaking NVidia controld panel manage
    3d setting and turned off dsr , still didn't work. what do I do???????????

I am in serious trouble. want to paly cs go competative matches but crashes in middle. I got deranked twice due to that reason pls fix this.

thunderbug111, Jan 15, 2016
  4. eastman Win User

Strange CS:GO crash

Well, this is the right place to post. But, sadly, I can't really help you with this. If it's a "data Execution Prevention" that's probably the problem, the data is being blocked from doing what it's supposed to do. Though I'm not sure why you or really anyone else would need frame-by-frame mouse input, it'd be more responsive to use hardware mouse acceleration, and less laggy.

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

Strange CS:GO crash

1. Strange CS:GO crash - Similar Threads - Strange crash

2. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  3. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  4. Strange crashes without a minidump.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange crashes without a minidump.: Ive had this new pc for 6 months now. Intel i9 13900KF4090Water cooled and more fans than I can count.It is connected to a 1000w psu that is brand new and plugged to the AC separated from the rest of the devices. Lately some things freeze, the mouse will stop working, or the...
  5. Strange crashes without a minidump.

Strange crashes without a minidump.: Ive had this new pc for 6 months now. Intel i9 13900KF4090Water cooled and more fans than I can count.It is connected to a 1000w psu that is brand new and plugged to the AC separated from the rest of the devices. Lately some things freeze, the mouse will stop working, or the...
  6. Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...: i use apu tuning for undervolting and it used not to happen. the crash happens randomly .Laptop Rog strix g15 R9 5980HX6800m16 ram512 storageRAR oF minidumps:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6itfc16kdvhw9g2/Minidump.rar/file...
  7. Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...

Need help analysing this strange crash? i do have the latest minidump but i will post all i...: i use apu tuning for undervolting and it used not to happen. the crash happens randomly .Laptop Rog strix g15 R9 5980HX6800m16 ram512 storageRAR oF minidumps:https://www.mediafire.com/file/6itfc16kdvhw9g2/Minidump.rar/file...
  8. Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash: Today I was casually on Amazon Prime Video when my laptop completely froze up with audio glitches, I was unable to get it to respond until I force shut it down and restarted, and when I checked the crash dumps, this came up:Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  9. Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash

Need help analyzing a minidump file for a strange crash: Today I was casually on Amazon Prime Video when my laptop completely froze up with audio glitches, I was unable to get it to respond until I force shut it down and restarted, and when I checked the crash dumps, this came up:Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your...
  10. Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen: As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before with bad RAM, but I replaced the RAM and it ran well for 4+ weeks. But strangely it happened once more last night. Here are the...