Windows 10: Strange Delay/Pause when saving files

Discus and support Strange Delay/Pause when saving files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, since 1 week or a bit more I'm experiencing a very strange thing on Windows 10 PRO 20H2 (build OS 19042.804) There is an unusual delay when saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Akumasama, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Akumasama Win User

Strange Delay/Pause when saving files

Hi, since 1 week or a bit more I'm experiencing a very strange thing on Windows 10 PRO 20H2 (build OS 19042.804)
    There is an unusual delay when saving files that is very hard to describe, please let me provide an example first, then I'll go into details of things I have already tested.

Let's say I want to save an image I have displayed on a website, in one of my browsers.

Strange Delay/Pause when saving files [​IMG]

I simply right click on it, save as, a prompt window will ask me where to save my file to

As soon as I picked up a position, I'm gonna see the icon of downloaded/downloading file on the left bottom corner of the screen. If it's a small file it's gonna be instant, if it's a large one I'm gonna see a progress bar etc.

Now the issue I'm having is between step2 and step3.
    As soon as I confirm where to save (step2) and the prompt window disappears, I have a 6+ seconds pause before the next part (step3) actually happens.
    This is not a big issue but it's super annoying and I can't understand what may be causing it.

Some things I have already tested:
    1) It's not the disc. This issue happens on SSD1, SSD2 and HDD1
    2) It's not the browser, it happens on Chrome, Edge and Firefox
    3) It's not the antivirus (I think?), I use Nod32, I completely deactivated the Antivirus for 10 minutes, but the issue was still happening
    4) It doesn't happen 100% of the times, more like... 9 out of 10? Very very often, but not always.
    5) It doesn't depend (I think?) on the specific folder I pick to save my file, I tried like 3 or 4 different ones, it still happens.
    6) It seems to be happening not only if I'm downloading an image from a browser, but also if I'm in a software and I select the option to save my file (through the "save as" option) somewhere manually. When I do this the software seems to pause/lock for a few seconds, then everything proceeds smoothly.

So I'm a bit clueless on what could be causing this, I'm willing to perform more tests but I ran out of ideas.

Edit:
    Added direct images and also adding a 17mb mp4 video uploaded on my Google Drive

:)

Akumasama, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 16, 2021
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Strange Delay/Pause when saving files

Is there a delay after turning Pause Updates off?

I had turned Pause Updates ON because of concern about the name of an update. After being satisfied that the update was OK, I turned Pause Updates OFF and the update disappeared and has not been offered in the 10 hours since that time. The update is not
    listed as already installed.

Is there a delay after turning Pause Updates off?

(The particular update is as detailed at Getting 1709 update for "amd64-based Systems" despite Intel chip).

Mickey Segal, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Strange Delay/Pause when saving files

1. Strange Delay/Pause when saving files - Similar Threads - Strange Delay Pause

2. Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location: Hello,I'm on a new laptop and I think this might have something to do with the OneDrive backup which I don't use on my desktop.I noticed this specifically on the desktop.When I save a document or file to the desktop it doesn't show up on the desktop immediately.However, even...
  3. Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Files Delay In Showing At Save Location: Hello,I'm on a new laptop and I think this might have something to do with the OneDrive backup which I don't use on my desktop.I noticed this specifically on the desktop.When I save a document or file to the desktop it doesn't show up on the desktop immediately.However, even...
  4. Odd 6 second delay when saving files to my C drive Intermittent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd 6 second delay when saving files to my C drive Intermittent: I noticed this issue when I was hunting images on Google using Google Chrome, I would find an image, right click the image and select save image. The dialogue box opens to select location and when I select desktop and hit OK there is a strange out of place delay. If I attempt...
  5. Strange Delay/Pause when saving files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Delay/Pause when saving files: Hi, since 1 week or a bit more I'm experiencing a very strange thing on Windows 10 PRO 20H2 (build OS 19042.804) There is an unusual delay when saving files that is very hard to describe, please let me provide an example first, then I'll go into details of things I have...
  6. Delay after saving images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay after saving images: Within the last hour, and for no discernable reason, after choosing the name for an image I want to save, it takes three seconds for the download pop-up to actually show up, in other words, three seconds before I can save another image. My internet connection is fine, and it...
  7. Strange file name autopopulated in file name of "save as" when saving from Edge

Strange file name autopopulated in file name of "save as" when saving from Edge: When I unlocked my computer this morning and tried "save as" for a photo out of Edge, there was one of my financial files names auto populated in the "file name" field. It has been some time since I've used Edge (usually use Chrome). I have not done anything with that file in...
  8. Delay when moving or deleting files

Delay when moving or deleting files: Hey everyone, I just did a lot of upgrades to my PC, and did a fresh install of Windows. I started running into a small problem that I haven't seen before. Whenever I move a file to another directory or delete it, there is a ~2 second delay. The transfer window will pop up,...
  9. Strange file saving behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange file saving behavior: Weird stuff. *Mad All of a sudden I cannot save files to my HD that were scanned though Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (Distiller). The files scan fine but when I try to save them from Acrobat 5 to the HD it says file cannot be saved. Things were working fine last month. I CAN save it...
  10. Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?: Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great holiday season and are spending it in good health! Let me get straight to the point. As the title implies I get an issue when trying to save things. I get a strange issue where a text box will pop up telling me that [the file I'm...