Windows 10: Strange Device Driver Versions Installed

Discus and support Strange Device Driver Versions Installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an MSI mobo. I installed the latest chipset from MSI which was 10.1.1.45 released this year. But when i check the driver version in device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yahanna, Nov 30, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Strange Device Driver Versions Installed

I have an MSI mobo. I installed the latest chipset from MSI which was 10.1.1.45 released this year. But when i check the driver version in device manager it says I got 10.1.1.38. I then tried to install the driver directly from intel version, 10.1.17. Again I get the same issue. Whats going on here? Am I looking in the right place in device manager? See below:

Strange Device Driver Versions Installed [​IMG]

Also, I have nvidia listed as my display in device manager. Should I install the intel display drivers from MSI or does Nvidia suffice?

Strange Device Driver Versions Installed [​IMG]

:)

yahanna, Nov 30, 2018
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10. USB Device Driver Installation problem

Hi Lex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    Error code 28 indicates that the drivers for that device are not installed.

As of now I suggest you to restore the drivers to previous version by rolling back. To restore a driver to its previous version, kindly follow the below given steps.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

• Press Windows key + X
      and then click on Device Manager.
    • Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device that you want to restore to a previous driver version.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Roll Back Driver.
    If you are logged on as a standard user, the button will be dimmed, which means it's unavailable. You must be logged on as an administrator to roll back a driver.

Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Strange Device Driver Versions Installed

"An error occurred during the installation of the device: The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry." while trying to install USB drivers on Windows 10

Hi Iasha,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any yellow exclamatory mark for the drivers on Device Manager?

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, download the latest chipset drivers, install them manually and check if it helps.

Installing the latest chipset drivers will help you to install the drivers for USB ports.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install drivers:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the USB device on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Strange Device Driver Versions Installed

1. Strange Device Driver Versions Installed - Similar Threads - Strange Device Driver

2. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  3. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  4. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Installation of device drivers

Installation of device drivers: Hello everyone, Actually, I need to install the bluetooth adapter device driver for my 7th generation laptop. Please assist me further.Lenovo Intel I3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-device-drivers/a7188ad1-172b-4641-922e-8af93544f7ea
  6. Strange Driver for Intel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Driver for Intel: Hello, I get the driver below for Intel. What is this driver for and why is it from 1/1/1970 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-driver-for-intel/d54b4617-a9ba-4f23-b6c9-bda98cbe8c7f
  7. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  8. Installing Device Driver

Installing Device Driver: Trying to install a Ben Q Monitor Driver. The instructions state: On your computer, have your driver files extracted into a empty folder. Inside of the Operating System of the Windows 10 System , would a person just use the available point and click tools available in...
  9. strange driver update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    strange driver update: Any idea why a recent update of an old MS driver took place? An "MS Printer" does not show up in printers listing. In Device Manager only my Brother printer is visible. W10 64bits v2004 170057
  10. Strange "devices"

Strange "devices": In File Explorer I have a folder under "This PC" called uuid:581bc1ab-98fb-4bd6-98f0-5fbf01835c72 . What is this? If I try to delete it, the option under Right click shows no delete option. Somewhere, I was told (by my PC) that this folder is a device. Inside this folder...