Windows 10: Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

Discus and support Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Curious where the issues could be. I posted last night that when I was trying to run DISM or SFC a small second window would appear and close and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pittguy578, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

Curious where the issues could be. I posted last night that when I was trying to run DISM or SFC a small second window would appear and close and then the processs would not start at all. It would just sit there and do nothing. The other thing is I could not close those cmd windows where sfc and dism were not working even via task manager. I was going to do a reset of windows, but I thought I would give something one last try. I booted into safe mode with networking and dism and sfc ran perfectly and completed. I am at work right now. I haven't tried to go to desktop on regular boot. I was going to do a couple more sfc dism when I got home to make sure things were fixed. My question is what could cause dism and or sfc to run perfectly in safe mode, but not on regular boot?

:)

pittguy578, Sep 22, 2015
  2. JIM227 Win User

Touch keyboard

As stated before I ran SFC as administrator but I keep getting the message that Windows Resource Protection could not start. I went into services and made sure that the Windows Module Installer was turned on. I then ran SFC in safe mode and it worked. "No
    problems found" I then changed back to regular mode and ran DISM and again "No problems found". The second computer ran SFC and DISM in regular mode and both stated "No problems found". When I was in safe mode I was able to hide the keyboard like normal and
    the microphone and settings icons were not on the top left side of the keyboard. It was the same layout as before the update. In normal mode the icons for the microphone and settings are on the keyboard.

JIM227, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 search results not clickable

Hi Sergio,

This appears to be a system issue which can be easily resolved by DISM and SFC tool. If none of these tools worked well, especially DISM, we suggest booting your PC in safe mode. To boot your PC in safe mode, follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in safe mode, run DISM and SFC in that order.

Give us an update. We're ready to assist you further.

Adrianne Buc, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

Uninstall Antivirus and try it again.

manish9009, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

1. Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot? - Similar Threads - Strange DISM SFC

2. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  3. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  4. Can't boot, failed startup repair, uninstall updates/features, safe mode, SFC and DISM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot, failed startup repair, uninstall updates/features, safe mode, SFC and DISM: Hello, I've been having a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD lately. At a certain point, trying to debug it, I've had one of them during start up. After that, I've had some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs and Win10 won't boot. From now on, Win10 just won't boot, but fails...
  5. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  6. Regular BSOD. Dism not working, sfc causes BSOD, browser regularly crashing...

Regular BSOD. Dism not working, sfc causes BSOD, browser regularly crashing...: Google drive with 5 most recent BSOD: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kw37FaHkCkXk-ikwoFwmCQaAf23i4FUF?usp=sharing dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth -- stalls at 100% sfc causes a BSOD about 20% progress chkdsk reports no errors I have SSD Windows...
  7. DISM and SFC not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM and SFC not working.: Hey, everybody. I can't run DISM or SFC on my computer. When I run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, it says this: Code: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Image Version: 10.0.16299.64 Error: 216 This version of %1 is not...
  8. DISM and SFC not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM and SFC not working.: Hey, everybody. I can't run DISM or SFC on my computer. When I run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, it says this: Code: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Image Version: 10.0.16299.64 Error: 216 This version of %1 is not...
  9. SFC and DISM not working

SFC and DISM not working: So I have a windows home edition and when I run a command on cmd on admin. the scan is stuck like this[ATTACH] It is like this for both the commands. There's nothing afterwards Please give me a fix...
  10. SFC and DISM not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC and DISM not working at all: 2016-04-18 Hi, glad to be again intouch with you. My laptop is one HPEnvy 17t-jooo – CTO Quad Edition, the previous OS was Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit andI upgraded it to 10 Pro 64bit the same day after receiving the Microsoftinvitation. On January 2016, I performed a clean...