Windows 10: Strange display res happening. How to solve?

Discus and support Strange display res happening. How to solve? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So for the last day or so, my computer display is showing the 1280x768, however the recommended res is 1440x900. However, after first starting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JeffB, Mar 4, 2016.

1. JeffB Win User

Strange display res happening. How to solve?

So for the last day or so, my computer display is showing the 1280x768, however the recommended res is 1440x900.
    However, after first starting the system, I have the 1280x768, and the 1440x900 isn't showing as an option.

I have to restart my computer, and the 1440x900 will be set as it should. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia for my Nvidia Geforce 750 GTX Ti.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I correct this, without having to restart my computer after starting it for the first time each day???

:)

JeffB, Mar 4, 2016

2. Strange happenings

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to uninstall and reinstall the latest keyboard driver from the computer’s website and see if that helps.

Step 1: un-install the driver:

Follow these steps.

a. Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

b. Select Device Manager.

c. Find and double-click keyboard Driver from the left panel to uninstall

d. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Download the latest drivers compatible for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
    remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps follows for Windows 10 also)

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

I hope this helps. If you have any further query, feel free to post. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 4, 2016
  3. Strange happenings

Downloaded Win 10. Since, my keyboard numbers pad does not work and I only get sound through my monitor speakers not my other speakers. What do I do now?

I cannot enter my pin via the numbers pad just the keyboard.

DavidSelewski, Mar 4, 2016
  4. JeffB Win User

So I tested something today. Turned on the Monitor first, then turned on the computer and it has my recommended res set to 1440x900. Not sure if it worked or if the system worked it out. Will mark this as solved for now, if problem shows back up, I will repost.

JeffB, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Strange display res happening. How to solve? - Similar Threads - Strange display res

2. Strange screen flickering that happens on startup, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange screen flickering that happens on startup, how to fix?: So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem I'm having. I decided to install windows 11 on my pc and initially when I had enabled secure boot, after restarting my pc it kept instantly going to this infinite glitching screen. So I ended up having to completely...
  3. Streched res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  4. Strange happenings in my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange happenings in my PC: Hello,There have been some strange happenings in my PC like:Asking for password twice.The screen goes black and I feel it will load soon as my desktop wallpaper is black. But instead it loads into lock screen and I end up entering the password twice. 2. Office apps open on...
  5. Strange things happening at bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening at bootup: When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in...
  6. strange problem happened to me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange problem happened to me: Hello Everyone. I had a problem with my laptop before 3 days. I was working on my laptop and suddenly my laptop went down, I turned it on and it kept restarting for 30 minutes and failed to boot up. after that I recognized something is wrong and tried to fix it somehow....
  7. Something strange happens with wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something strange happens with wallpaper: Sometimes the desktop icons starting to leave black squares or smth behind them and after refreshing background turns black... screenshots https://imgur.com/a/i11wODk submitted by /u/alangetar [link] [comments]...
  8. Strange activity happening on the computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange activity happening on the computer.: I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders automatically created within that have incomprehensible names and impossible modification dates (see picture for reference). I am...
  9. Strange looking windows [Solved]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange looking windows [Solved]: Hi, I had this problem with windows since i restarted it, all the windows have a strange looking border and sign, i will add a photo so you can get what i mean! Can anyone tell me how to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  10. Strange happening today with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange happening today with Malware: I powered on my desktop and my Hitman Pro Scheduled Quick Scan when I first power on it flagged up a suspicious file which I deleted and the restarted the pc. When I signed in (with a local account) the screen displayed a message that the pc could not sign in, I suspect my...