Windows 10: strange driver update

Discus and support strange driver update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Any idea why a recent update of an old MS driver took place? An "MS Printer" does not show up in printers listing. In Device Manager only my Brother... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PiKo, Dec 9, 2020.

1. PiKo Win User

strange driver update

Any idea why a recent update of an old MS driver took place? An "MS Printer" does not show up in printers listing. In Device Manager only my Brother printer is visible. W10 64bits v2004

:)

PiKo, Dec 9, 2020

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 9, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

strange driver update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond strange driver update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

strange driver update

1. strange driver update - Similar Threads - strange driver update

2. Strange Driver for Intel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Driver for Intel: Hello, I get the driver below for Intel. What is this driver for and why is it from 1/1/1970 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-driver-for-intel/d54b4617-a9ba-4f23-b6c9-bda98cbe8c7f
  3. Strange update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update: So I have updates turned off! And tonight everything was slow and hanging for a long time so I decided to restart. Windows was installing updates (not sure how when I had them turned off). A very big update by the look of it - took ages. Afterwards I have the news and weather...
  4. Strange Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 V1909 Just received notification of the following update waiting to be downloaded and installed: "Apple, Inc. - USBDevice - 5/7/2018 12:00:00 AM - 423.36" The date is what throws me... 2018?? This is an original Windows 10 installation that has been...
  5. Strange W10 update

Strange W10 update: Hello!, today when checking for updates, windows update shows me the following update: [img] (18946.1000.rs_xbox_dev.190723-1700 (UUP-CTv2)) I'm not in the insider program. It's an error from Microsoft? Does anyone else have this problem? My system is Windows 10 PRO 64...
  6. Strange Device Driver Versions Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Device Driver Versions Installed: I have an MSI mobo. I installed the latest chipset from MSI which was 10.1.1.45 released this year. But when i check the driver version in device manager it says I got 10.1.1.38. I then tried to install the driver directly from intel version, 10.1.17. Again I get the same...
  7. Strange update behaviour

Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers

Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers: Hi, I've got strange problem with windows automatic update of GPU drivers. Here it goes, when I am using default latest manufacturer drivers of AMD [HD7970], PC works perfectly, now when windows forces me to update his drivers of GPU, than everything goes bizarre. All of the...
  9. strange update

strange update: It looks like we are being forced to have updates which would not otherwise have been chosen. I am currently being offered "fbl_awesome 1501 9933 professional", with no explanation as to what it is. This new build (9926) has lost the update option via control panel. 3900
  10. Strange update issue...

Strange update issue...: Notwithstanding this is still beta, some strange stuff with updates... got this from a Defender update... [img] Then on reboot... it gave me the 'baby blue screen' with the usual " :( windows needs to restart... blah, blah" On restart all OK ... [img] Other...