Windows 10: Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

Discus and support Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ...which stops me from writing anything there. How do I get rid of this? The first thing on this menu is "Emoji". Very annoying, I think it was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mikael Hasselrot, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

...which stops me from writing anything there. How do I get rid of this? The first thing on this menu is "Emoji".

Very annoying, I think it was my little son who accidentally managed to enter a short commando and I cannot find any solution when I google this problem.
    Please help!

//Mikael

:)

Mikael Hasselrot, Feb 25, 2021

2. Windows are blacked out (Chrome address bar, drop down menus in every program, etc.)

I am having issues with various programs such as Google Chrome, AMD Catalyst Control Center, Internet Download Manager, and even Windows Explorer just to list a few. The issue I am having is that drop down menus, file name box in Windows Explorer and even
    the address bar in Chrome are all blacked out, such in a way that I can only see text if I can highlight it.

I have made sure that high contrast settings are turned off and that I am not running and visibility extensions in Chrome.

Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar... d674d0a9-0fe5-4203-94a6-825e05e3d12d.jpg

AlCowherd7, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Windows are blacked out (Chrome address bar, drop down menus in every program, etc.)

Just updated to Win 10 recently, already having issues with various programs such as Google Chrome, AMD Catalyst Control Center, Internet Download Manager, and even Windows Explorer just to list a few. The issue I am having is that drop down menus, file
    name box in Windows Explorer and even the address bar in Chrome are all blacked out, such in a way that I can only see text if I can highlight it.

I have made sure that high contrast settings are turned off and that I am not running and visibility extensions in Chrome.

Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar... f5c0f3ae-be20-492b-8356-59a90a7a8ddd.jpg

AlCowherd7, Feb 25, 2021
  4. JJG10 Win User

Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

Add a button to the address bar.

I would like to add the Zoom button to my new Edge address bar. Have found the following how to do it on the web but they don't work like the instructions say.

How to manage the address bar buttons on Microsoft Edge

To customize the buttons that appear next to the address bar, use these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click the Settings and more menu button on the top-right corner. (I assume that is the three dots in a row)
    3. Select the Show in toolbar sub-menu. (Don't see 'Show in toobar)
    4. Click the action button that you want to add or remove from the toolbar.

Thanks for any help.

Almost forgot, W10 ver 1909.

JJG10, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar...

1. Strange drop-down menu in Chrome address bar... - Similar Threads - Strange drop down

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  4. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  5. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  7. permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?

in Windows 10 Customization
    permanently delete autocomplete address bar drop down urls?: A few weeks ago Prakhar Kharem, MSN moderator, sent instructions to delete this browsing history drop down list from address bar in IE11, Win 10. All worked well until today...all URLs reappeared, even some from several weeks ago. Three times I've repeated the method to...
  8. Menu bar in Chrome.

in Browsers and Email
    Menu bar in Chrome.: I want the usual menu at the top of the browser window. Why am I not able to do that? I also can't find the preferences that change details like the color of a selected link. 36470
  9. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  10. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...