Windows 10: Strange email from unknown company

Discus and support Strange email from unknown company in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 I have received a "no reply" email from a company called GitHub telling me that I am using GitHub and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Strange email from unknown company

I am using Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

I have received a "no reply" email from a company called GitHub telling me that I am using GitHub and that my password is weak and that I should visit their site and create a stronger password. It also tells me that if I don't change my password I will no longer be able to use GitHub.

I have never even heard of this company. Googling it confused me no end. Can anyone give me an idea how I am using this company? Is it part of some other software? I have been using the same software for a long time and this is the first time I have heard of this company. I do not have cloud storage of any kind (if that is of any consequence). I'm not tech-savvy, obviously.

I am posting in this section because I don't know what the software is, or where else to post. I thank one and all in advance for all assistance understanding this issue.

:)

Tony Vella, Dec 22, 2019

2. Fishing emails which using sometimes my company emails

Hi Tony,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with phishing emails sometimes using company emails on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

There can be a number of reasons for this issue to happen. Some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• System files on the computer may be corrupt or mismatched with other files.

• There could be a possibility of virus or malware infection.
    I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

Microsoft Safety Scanner, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Phishing: Frequently asked questions

Security services from a cloud you can trust

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Dec 22, 2019
  3. eshiejamz Win User
    configure company email

Hi,
    yimoukam
    . Can you set up other email accounts aside from this? Did you receive any error message? Are you trying to sign in on the Microsoft Exchange account? If yes, make sure you have the following information before starting the setup:

• A corporate mail address
    • Your Exchange server name (contact your company IT department)
    • Your network domain name (contact your company IT department)
    • Your office network password
    We'll wait for your reply.

eshiejamz, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Strange email from unknown company

Question regarding a company Claiming to help with virus

Hi Hana,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the steps below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click a link that supposedly take you to a company website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • If the email appears to come from a company, contact the company's customer service via phone or web browser to see if the email is legitimate.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word hoax to see if anyone else has reported this scam.

We also suggest that you reached out our Answer Desk for more information about the message that you received at
    1-800-642-7676 or our Support through this
    link.

Fee free to post your other concerns to our Community.

Joseph Ban, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Strange email from unknown company

1. Strange email from unknown company - Similar Threads - Strange email unknown

2. I am not receiving emails from one company.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not receiving emails from one company.: I have installed a new PC and now I can not receive emails from one Company I use for ordering products. I now have Window 11 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-emails-from-one-company/0e6322f9-bddc-43f7-8d1b-71b2a10be952
  3. I am not receiving emails from one company.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not receiving emails from one company.: I have installed a new PC and now I can not receive emails from one Company I use for ordering products. I now have Window 11 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-emails-from-one-company/0e6322f9-bddc-43f7-8d1b-71b2a10be952
  4. Email from Paypal looks strange

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email from Paypal looks strange: Hello,Could you please confirm to me if this email is genuine or is it phishing ?Please let me knowThank youRE: eStatement: We decline your last transaction Result Submited: Active // A transação está programada para ser adiada porque o final do ano - o pagamento foi...
  5. Remove unknown emails from user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove unknown emails from user account: On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines. We've just noticed that this appears to have been switched to a windows account, linked to a couple of email addresses, neither of which she recognises....
  6. deleting company email

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting company email: how do i delete company email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-company-email/309b287e-b571-442b-8f72-134a79fb74bd
  7. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  8. Strange Emails From You.

Strange Emails From You.: Hello, Every day I get this email "Please use this code to reset the password for the Microsoft account XXX". It purports to come from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I'm confused as to why I'm getting these and am not sure if it's an attempt at fraud. Any...
  9. Email from a company whose website I was browsing

Email from a company whose website I was browsing: Hello, I was wondering how an online retailer could have gotten my email address. I was browsing at their website yesterday, and this morning I received an email from that retailer. I had not subscribed to any emails from them. I do not have an account with them, and I did...
  10. Strange & Unknown User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange & Unknown User Name: When I start up the computer, I get presented with this message "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." Below that is an "OK" button. The user name displayed is "morga" -- my last name is "morgan". So when I click "OK" it clears off the message, and I get a...