Windows 10: Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

Discus and support Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks - I sometimes look at my main production system and notice that every so often this folder appears on my desktop: [img] The solution is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

Hi folks -

I sometimes look at my main production system and notice that every so often this folder appears on my desktop:

Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop [​IMG]

The solution is to delete the empty folder, but I sense that since the title is in hex, it might be from the registry.
    Seems encrypted.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

TIA *Think

:)

Compumind, Apr 22, 2020

2. Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

So, these appeared on my desktop randomly - they cannot be renamed, they appear to have no name - I can delete them via context menu, but they come back. Unlocker/Lock Hunter - they do not see them, neither does Explorer, WinRAR nor CMD.

The context menu on them is strange - it only has three options.

I checked both C:\Users\User\Desktop and C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop\ and neither of them have these folders in them. They only show on the desktop.

I would like to get rid of these permanently, any suggestions?

TheDeerDude, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Desktop folder randomly opening

So for the past couple of days (after the latest update maybe) my Desktop folder randomly opens up. I searched online for a while and found several posts suggesting it could be the keyboard so I've switched out my keyboard and the problem still persists.
    I've run Kaspersky and MalwareBytes but no threats were found. Any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks

xxxsneekxxx, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

For several months, with no apparent reason or trigger, this strange floating window has appeared - its almost always in the way and sometimes is hard to get rid of. There is no way to close it, its not clickable - I seem to be only able to get it to go away by tabbing between programs. I have tried searching round to see if anyone else has this but have not found any reference to it. Hoping someone else may know what this is!

First attachment shows the object... the second one shows it hovering about over my desktop.

ReframedBeans, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

1. Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop - Similar Threads - Strange empty folder

2. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  3. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  4. Strange retail logo appears on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange retail logo appears on desktop: A strange logo appeared on my desktop. It does not open and has no right-click option to delete. It's frozen. I have never heard of this cosmetic company and do not know how it would magically appear. What to do?...
  5. Empty folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty folder on Desktop: For some reason, a folder called "Moba" keeps appearing on my desktop. It is empty but every few days it appears out of nowhere. Anyway to track which programme is creating this? I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.746). Thanks https://imgur.com/a/sSSkfjz...
  6. Empty folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folder on desktop: I just had an empty folder titled "removeable storage devices" appear on my desktop. I have no idea where it came from. I cannot delete it. Can anybody tell me what it is or why it appeared?...
  7. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  8. Two random folders appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two random folders appeared on my desktop: The folders are named views and options I dont think its a virus or anything but if anyone knows what it is and why it randomly appeared on my desktop please tell me submitted by /u/Atomiks24 [link] [comments]...
  9. [Bug] Strange Menu Appeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    [Bug] Strange Menu Appeared on Desktop: Hi, I need a bit of help from you guys. My cat just walked over my keyboard while I was on the desktop (no applications open) and this happened: https://i.imgur.com/FTkUZVS.jpg (Things in RED are added by me.) I have this strange "grid" on my desktop. It won't go away....
  10. Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop: Starting yesterday I found a small icon on my desktop. It floated above all windows, was unmovable, and didn't respond to mouse clicks. When I rebooted, it was gone, but today I have the same problem -- with a different icon! Here's what today's looks like: [img] How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 random 1 folder on desktop