Windows 10: strange entry in Aministrative Events log

Discus and support strange entry in Aministrative Events log in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Was having trouble with W10 switching between desktop and tablet mode. Was so bad for a few days I could hardly use my computer. I looked through the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KeninCanada, Oct 4, 2019.

1. strange entry in Aministrative Events log

Was having trouble with W10 switching between desktop and tablet mode. Was so bad for a few days I could hardly use my computer.

I looked through the windows logs to see if there were any unusual events. Found an item with a very unusual font that is difficult to read.

I use W10 Home v1903 with KAS Internet Security. I do not have any use for and do not use Windows Business Provisioning. I have no idea why any device under this service would be installed.

Question: Does this look like someone has hacked me.

What can I do about it.

Thank you for any suggestions.

:)

KeninCanada, Oct 4, 2019

2. Security event log entries missing values when generated from network access

Hi,

That is correct, the server is part of a domain and so are the machines and users connecting to it which cause these strange "data-less" event log entries. When other machines on the same domain are configured in the same way, the same event log entries
    (4656) contain data as expected. Only 4656 events coming from other machines on the network cause this problem, making changes locally created normal entries.

This is a client machine but I can gather any information that you might need to assist in figuring this out.

As per your suggestion, I have re-posted this on the Microsoft TechNet Support site as well: Security event log entries missing values when generated from network access

Werner van Deventer, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Windows apparently froze, "gap" of 26 hours between event log entries

Hi Van,

Based on your description, your wasn't properly working because when you plugged in a different monitor, it worked as it is. The reason why there are no event logs found in the span of 26 hours is that your
    CPU is up and running as expected. Windows event log is a record of a computer's alerts and notifications. Microsoft defines an event as
    any significant occurrence in the system or in a program that requires users to be notified or an entry added to a log.

That being said, faulty monitors would not be detected to the event log. Changing your monitor is a step that you have made to isolate the issue. It means that the issue is just the monitor itself and not a system crash.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 4, 2019
  4. lokic300 Win User

strange entry in Aministrative Events log

Call entries stuck in Nokia C3-00 call log

what i did is try to call the numbers in my log that have invalid selection over and over, before it connects i cancel it and call it again.. and after 10 calls or so i went to contacts>log.clear log lists>all call lists.. unfortunately i still have 1 invalid
    entry left.. but it did help.. just repeat the steps and eventually the log will clear.. if it doesnt work, delete the entry form contacts and call the entry from the log and do it over and over again then clear log... it worked for me.. i'm using nokia c3-00
    ver 7.20

lokic300, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

strange entry in Aministrative Events log

1. strange entry in Aministrative Events log - Similar Threads - strange entry Aministrative

2. How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?: I want to delete specific entries of MS Defender event viewer logs without clearing everything. How can I do this? Will this create another log that shows me deleting some of the entries?...
  3. How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete specific entries in Event Viewer Logs?: I want to delete specific entries of MS Defender event viewer logs without clearing everything. How can I do this? Will this create another log that shows me deleting some of the entries?...
  4. Strange registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange registry entries: When searching the registry I came across the entries: The only languages I have installed are American and English. Are these entries installed by Microsoft or by malware?...
  5. strange entries in services

strange entries in services: [ATTACH] When I open services page I noticed there are some strange entries, as you can see from the screenshot there are some entries ended in 6dd8d3 like AarSvc_6dd8d3, BluetoothUserService_6dd8d3 and others. What are those ? are they virus ?...
  6. Strange entry in appwiz.cpl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange entry in appwiz.cpl: I went into flag-key < appwiz.cpl to uninstall a different program, and I found this as one of the entries: [ATTACH]I have no idea what that is. It doesn't look like part of the Windows OS or something important. Should I uninstall this?...
  7. Aministrator

Aministrator: Hello! I am using an old school computer that I bought from the school. I don't have Administrator rights, but I have my old school account. I have tried to give myself Administrator using the command prompt, but to do that, I need to run it as an Admin. When I restarted the...
  8. Strange Event Error logged

Strange Event Error logged: This error logged has been identified on a machine on the network running Windows 10. What could be the cause, I have never heard of CVE 53 Event ID 2 Log Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations Kernel Mode Type Warning Message Possible detection of CVE: 53 Additional...
  9. Strange Entry in Sigverif

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Entry in Sigverif: So I have an Asus Hero VIII board, Win10 and my current Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1.8040. I found out at the ROG site that when installing these driver that a file called atkex_cmd.exe gets deposited in the Realtek folder in the HDA area. this file causes a system entry of...
  10. Strange Log Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Log Entry: Has anyone ever seen an entry to admin log file like this: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Date and time: 1/11/2183 - 10:46:25 pm. How would someone even go about fixing this from reappearing since this is the third...