Windows 10: Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

Discus and support Strange excessive amount of data uploaded in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday........ Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by irkedblondee, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday.....

I'm stuck...losing my mind.

:)

irkedblondee, Jul 11, 2019

2. Excessive upload by Windows 10

Hello,

My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle.

All data connections are marked metered, all live tiles are turned off, there are only a small handful of applications - none requiring internet, verified none are running in the background, always have extensive monitoring by Eset, updates are ONLY marked
    to be shared on the LAN, run malware checks daily, and as far as i can see it is just the Windows system using the bandwidth.

But I can't seem to stop Windows from uploading other than turn it off.

So far I've incurred three excessive data use charges by my ISP at the fault of Microsoft.

What can be done about this?

FirstAid84, Jul 11, 2019
  3. bobwalt Win User
    Excessive phantom data usage

However, as the article states, if you want to prevent excess data charges it turn off cellular data.

Bob

bobwalt, Jul 11, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

1. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded - Similar Threads - Strange excessive amount

2. Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?: According to my router, my work laptop uploaded 680 GB of data last month and downloaded 41.8 GB. Much of this use occurred over nights and weekends when I was not working, but left my computer on for work network updates. I normally work M-F, 8-5.I looked at the Windows Data...
  3. Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?: According to my router, my work laptop uploaded 680 GB of data last month and downloaded 41.8 GB. Much of this use occurred over nights and weekends when I was not working, but left my computer on for work network updates. I normally work M-F, 8-5.I looked at the Windows Data...
  4. Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Excessive Data Usage by Windows System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive Data Usage by Windows System: Why is Windows System using excessive data? Over the past month it downloaded close to 4 terabytes of data. Over 75% of this was downloaded in the past 7 days. When I checked my real-time network utilization it showed that consistently that "Service Host: Network Service -...
  6. Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders: A short recap of what led me up to posting for help: My laptop has been increasingly growing slower and even after 3 clean re-installs of Windows, within a day or 2 each time it returns to the same slow state and the storage close to being full. I ran Malwarebytes scans, ADW...
  7. excessive data use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excessive data use: My fairly new Asus Vivo Book uses about 2 GB per day, only access news, mails, FB gameroom and play the odd daily game, no streaming or videos at all. We get 50 GB through satellite, never had overage before. System uses almost 1 GB, Microsoft edge about 450 MB. Way more than...
  8. wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.: Dear Microsoft Support, I have a windows 10 home edition computer that is completely up to date. I attempted to run the Microsoft Store a couple weeks back, and it would not respond in any way. I look up the windows store in the Cortana search window, click on it, and...
  9. Excessive upload by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excessive upload by Windows 10: Hello, My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle. All data connections are marked metered, all live tiles are turned off, there are only a small handful of applications - none requiring internet, verified none are running in the...
  10. Excess data usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excess data usage on Windows 10: What is causing excess data use in Windows 10? Data usage jumped 26 GB in a little over 1 hour this morning. Only thing open is my email a finance app....