Windows 10: Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

Discus and support Strange excessive amount of data uploaded in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday........ Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by irkedblondee, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday.....

I'm stuck...losing my mind.

:)

irkedblondee, Jul 11, 2019

2. Excessive upload by Windows 10

Hello,

My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle.

All data connections are marked metered, all live tiles are turned off, there are only a small handful of applications - none requiring internet, verified none are running in the background, always have extensive monitoring by Eset, updates are ONLY marked
    to be shared on the LAN, run malware checks daily, and as far as i can see it is just the Windows system using the bandwidth.

But I can't seem to stop Windows from uploading other than turn it off.

So far I've incurred three excessive data use charges by my ISP at the fault of Microsoft.

What can be done about this?

FirstAid84, Jul 11, 2019
  3. bobwalt Win User
    Excessive phantom data usage

However, as the article states, if you want to prevent excess data charges it turn off cellular data.

Bob

bobwalt, Jul 11, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

1. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded - Similar Threads - Strange excessive amount

2. Upload my data to the cloud.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upload my data to the cloud.: I kept receiving messages from Microsoft that if I clicked on the box my free cell data would be saved in case my system might fail etc. After resisting my impulse to try it I finally broke down to try it. Big mistake. Microsoft took my data and said it would be put on the...
  3. Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???: Okay... so, I never would have noticed this if it wasn't for Steam... so basically, as a bit of a background, I recently bought a few new games from Steam, and downloading them used a ton of data. I only have 500GB available through Mediacom before I get capped. Anyway, I got...
  4. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet: Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.11 System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I noticed however,...
  5. wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.: Dear Microsoft Support, I have a windows 10 home edition computer that is completely up to date. I attempted to run the Microsoft Store a couple weeks back, and it would not respond in any way. I look up the windows store in the Cortana search window, click on it, and...
  6. Excessive upload by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excessive upload by Windows 10: Hello, My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle. All data connections are marked metered, all live tiles are turned off, there are only a small handful of applications - none requiring internet, verified none are running in the...
  7. Uploading data from android to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uploading data from android to pc: Uploading photos and contacts and other data, from an android that has a screen that is no longer functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-data-from-android-to-pc/6b802589-17ba-4914-b273-9dfdb1d61321
  8. Excess data usage on Windows 10

Excess data usage on Windows 10: What is causing excess data use in Windows 10? Data usage jumped 26 GB in a little over 1 hour this morning. Only thing open is my email a finance app....
  9. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...
  10. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...