Windows 10: Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts

Discus and support Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I found this odd file in my C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\gdtsgheb It has 2 files a dll and an executable.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by {}#{}, Jul 2, 2020.

1. {}#{} Win User

Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts

Hello Everyone,

I found this odd file in my C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\gdtsgheb

It has 2 files a dll and an executable. It runs on my computer every time in a terminal but it is too fast to see the file location but this time it froze for a few seconds and I could see the location. I did a virus total for both files and there are 0 detections

Below is a photo of what it looks like:

Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts 85138cf9-beb1-47dc-b680-3bb96140e856?upload=true.png

Is this safe to remove?

:)

{}#{}, Jul 2, 2020

2. When does the Operating system verify the Authenticode Signatures for signed EXEs and signed DLLs?

When PE Files (exes, dlls etc.) are code signed using signtool, they can be verified to check if they have been authored by trusted publishers. In which scenarios does the Operating system actually verify signed EXEs and DLLs?

1. Are signatures of EXEs verified every time they are run?
    2. If an EXE has a dynamically linked DLL, is the DLL's signature verified when the EXE is run?
    3. If the EXE dynamically loads a DLL using LoadLibrary, is the DLL's signature verified when the EXE is run?
    4. When an EXE requires elevated privilege (UAC), is the signature of the EXE and the DLL dependencies verified as well? (1-3)
    If this questions belongs in a different category or community, please let me know. Thanks.

SaswatOnXPS, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 6, 2020
  4. al3lka Win User

we couldn't complete the update kb3135173

Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that your method 2 was unsuccessful.

For printer problem, I already contact HP but it seems that I need to make sure windows update work first.

Back to Method 2, are you sure this method also work for windows 10?

Anyway, I follow those steps and these what I encounter:

• net stop appidsvc: cmd "Application identity service is not started"
    • net stop cryptsvc: There was a y/n question. My replay was Y.
    • Step 4. In the first tried, I skip the 4th step.
    • Step 6. There are several dll that either "failed to load" or "loaded but "entry point DllRegisterServer was not found". I didn't read all the error message, but this are dll that show error message:
    • regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll
    • regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll
    • regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
    • regsvr32.exe msxml.dll
    • regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll
    • regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll
    • regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll
    • regsvr32.exe initpki.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll
    • regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
    • regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll
    • regsvr32.exe muweb.dll
    • regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll
    • Step 10 i skip this.
    • Are you sure step 11 need to be avoided and not step 10?
    • I restart my computer, run windows update, no luck. Try those steps again with step 4 included.
    • step 4.a. Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
      "access denied".
    • for step 6, still the same.
    • Restart, no luck.
    Now, what should I do?

By the way: I already uninstall HP printer driver, but strange enough windows update still show that there are update for the printer. Tried to install, error though.

al3lka, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange exe and dll that runs a console window on my pc when it starts - Similar Threads - Strange exe dll

2. When I start my laptop showing run dll problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start my laptop showing run dll problem: Please resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-laptop-showing-run-dll-problem/e1e122d2-2c1b-45b0-bb3a-7070f98be9c9
  3. When I start my laptop showing run dll problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I start my laptop showing run dll problem: Please resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-laptop-showing-run-dll-problem/e1e122d2-2c1b-45b0-bb3a-7070f98be9c9
  4. Run DLL message at start-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run DLL message at start-up: What can I do with this message: C:users/myname/cnmss/specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dll-message-at-start-up/27625cc6-4757-429f-b7d3-ac02caf4c122
  5. Apps running when PC starts, windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running when PC starts, windows 10.: Hi, Firstly, I shall apologise in advance. I'm a bit of a tech head but the terminology I'll be using will be main descriptive and probably annoy those whom actually knows what they are talking about. I have an issue with apps running when the PC starts. I have told the...
  6. Run DLL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run DLL: I keep getting this message when I power up my laptop: Run DLL There was a problem starting c:\users\dlaga\cnmss How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dll/75fd78a5-2c48-449e-ac72-623a3477d366
  7. run dll error at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dll error at start up: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, ver 1903 I get this error message: "There was a problem starting c:\windows\system32\logiLDA.dll" How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dll-error-at-start-up/a8568b1a-116a-4f7d-9d30-d0e7262e0713
  8. Run DLL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run DLL: RunDLL Error at Windows 10 Startup The following error message pops up whenever I login. It's associated with an HP Officejet 6700 which has been replaced with a new HP Officejet 8710. "Run DLL" "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP...
  9. Hi guys, Error Run Dll an the start PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi guys, Error Run Dll an the start PC.: When I light up my laptop I get a border with the error ( There was a problem starting CalumniationEggbeaters.dll The specified module could not be found.)...
  10. Run dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dll: I have a RUN DDL/COMMON that pops up repeats from 2-4 times when logging on . 32757