Windows 10: Strange file found

Discus and support Strange file found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The short version is that I found this file about 8 months ago and called windows phone support. No one there had any idea as what it was. All scans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pke225, Jul 16, 2019.

1. pke225 Win User

Strange file found

The short version is that I found this file about 8 months ago and called windows phone support.

No one there had any idea as what it was. All scans have comw up negative for malware. There is

no information about it on the web that I could find. I have attached a pic of the file as I first became

became aware of it under the Windows Start-up menu choice of NU16. The file no longer seems to be

on my machine as a search does not find it.

Thanks - Just Curious

Paul Strange file found e1ed9d94-ccbe-4865-a8cb-73b8a245fca0?upload=true.jpg

:)

pke225, Jul 16, 2019

2. Strange files

Hello Chao,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, we'd like to clarify if you've downloaded any files before the albumart JPG file appeared.

If you're not comfortable seeing the files, you can hide it by following these steps:

• Right-click on the file, and select Properties.
    • Click General Tab.
    • Under Attributes, select Hidden and click
      OK

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Strange file found

OnePostWonder, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Strange file found

1. Strange file found - Similar Threads - Strange file found

2. Strange ports are found and TPM is not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange ports are found and TPM is not found: Hello FriendsWell i have Windows 11 installed on Asus ROG ,So Here is the thing i have formated my laptop because seems malware bytes found legalhakcer.com suspicious linked to my edge...But some how i see two ports open in my laptop port 1042,1043 afrog so i googled seems...
  3. Strange ports are found and TPM is not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange ports are found and TPM is not found: Hello FriendsWell i have Windows 11 installed on Asus ROG ,So Here is the thing i have formated my laptop because seems malware bytes found legalhakcer.com suspicious linked to my edge...But some how i see two ports open in my laptop port 1042,1043 afrog so i googled seems...
  4. Strange File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange File: There is a file called ENE in C:/Program Files/ENE. It contains several folders which contain several DDLs and one has an application that does nothing when ran. Looking at some other posts on here, it seems to be related to some RGB application, I do have one on here but...
  5. Strange Account I found in HKEY_USERS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Account I found in HKEY_USERS: I recently got a malware attack, luckily nothing bad happen, I resolved it, but when I go to regedit, I found these accounts in HKEY_USERS:S-1-5-18S-1-5-19S-1-5-20S-1-5-21-1822402108-566194498-1648361893-1001S-1-5-21-1822402108-566194498-1648361893-1001_ClassesThese are very...
  6. Strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange files: Earlier this year, I transferred files from my old phone to my computer. Some of the files have this name: ___.gif.trigger. I tried opening the files w/IrfanView, Paint, Notepad, Word, an internet browser; I even removed the .trigger from the name; but nothing I've tried...
  7. Strange accounts found in registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange accounts found in registry: Hello, Recently my virus scanner (Malwarebytes) discovered a registry key that seemed to be associated with a virus that I thought I had gotten rid of a while ago. After doing some digging around in the regsitry editor I found some user keys in HKU that were similar to the...
  8. Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?: Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great holiday season and are spending it in good health! Let me get straight to the point. As the title implies I get an issue when trying to save things. I get a strange issue where a text box will pop up telling me that [the file I'm...
  9. Strange symbols found in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange symbols found in Registry Editor: I wasn't sure which place to put it in, so I put it in General Support. I was about to find out why my Desktop Wallpaper's not changing - again - and when I went into Reg Edit, I saw this: Does anyone know what this could mean? [img] 99897
  10. strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    strange files: I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware installed it popped up when I deleted these files. 102920