Windows 10: Strange file saving behavior

Discus and support Strange file saving behavior in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Weird stuff. *Mad All of a sudden I cannot save files to my HD that were scanned though Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (Distiller). The files scan fine but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrFrog, Nov 13, 2018.

1. FrFrog Win User

Strange file saving behavior

Weird stuff. *Mad

All of a sudden I cannot save files to my HD that were scanned though Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (Distiller). The files scan fine but when I try to save them from Acrobat 5 to the HD it says file cannot be saved. Things were working fine last month.

I CAN save it to an external USB Thumb drive however. What is really strange is that once saved to the USB Thumb drive I can copy and paste it anywhere on the HD.

Any ideas? Some permissions setting now needed with a "new" update for legacy software?

:)

FrFrog, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Strange file saving behavior [​IMG]

Onibot, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange file saving behavior - Similar Threads - Strange file saving

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange pc energy saving behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange pc energy saving behavior: Hi everyone, I state that I have always had problems understanding how the energy saving of my Asus laptop works. First of all, I don't understand how energy profiles work and I can't use monitoring tools. I start from a concrete example: I'm trying to open a password...
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  7. Strange keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange keyboard behavior: Running windows 10 64bit latest update 1909 Build 18363.778 Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard with the MS Mouse and Keyboard Tools Software installed. Physical Keyboard layout = German QWERTZ with german Umlauts OS language is set to English, I had the...
  8. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...