Windows 10: Strange File Type "OneDrive"

Discus and support Strange File Type "OneDrive" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; VKSTYX File Type is showing for all of my files in one drive. I saved all my files like pictures and now everything says this. "This is an example from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joshua Miller83, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Strange File Type "OneDrive"

VKSTYX File Type is showing for all of my files in one drive. I saved all my files like pictures and now everything says this. "This is an example from my one drive it self. I cant open these files what do i do?

Strange File Type "OneDrive" 5cb42de6-ddf6-45d3-ace0-348904f83ccf?upload=true.png

:)

Joshua Miller83, Jan 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 search function works strange for the files in onedrive

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

When you search for the files in OneDrive, you will get an option to check My Stuff and Web at the bottom, If you select My stuff it will search for the files locally, if you select web it searches for the file in the web.

You may also check if OneDrive is working correctly and if you still face an issue, we would suggest you to run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Select view all from the left pane and select Search and Indexing and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Strange File Type "OneDrive"

Strange Shadow type Icon/Image Windows 10

Hi VidhuGour,

In order to help you with your concern about the strange shadow, icon or image on your Windows 10 screen, you may check and access the icon using the File Explorer of your Windows 10 PC. Follow these steps:

• Click the File Manager icon from the taskbar.
    • Click This PC.
    • Click the Desktop folder.
    • It should show you that strange desktop icon and its corresponding File name.

If it doesn't show, you may try changing your wallpaper into a darker type and see if the strange figure would still be there. If it is, then it might be a dead pixel that you currently have on your screen.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Strange File Type "OneDrive"

1. Strange File Type "OneDrive" - Similar Threads - Strange File Type

2. Strange File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange File: There is a file called ENE in C:/Program Files/ENE. It contains several folders which contain several DDLs and one has an application that does nothing when ran. Looking at some other posts on here, it seems to be related to some RGB application, I do have one on here but...
  3. Strange File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange File: There is a file called ENE in C:/Program Files/ENE. It contains several folders which contain several DDLs and one has an application that does nothing when ran. Looking at some other posts on here, it seems to be related to some RGB application, I do have one on here but...
  4. OneDrive strange message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive strange message: Hi, I have a strange message when open OneDrive: Let this app access your info? App info Microsoft SkyDrive needs your permission to: Access OneDrive files Have full access to your contacts You can change these permissions at https://microsoft.com/consent. Show...
  5. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  6. Strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange files: Earlier this year, I transferred files from my old phone to my computer. Some of the files have this name: ___.gif.trigger. I tried opening the files w/IrfanView, Paint, Notepad, Word, an internet browser; I even removed the .trigger from the name; but nothing I've tried...
  7. Strange file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange file?: Ok so, i am downloading games and that, so i checked if i have enough space Which i do but there is this "music.raw" file which is 335 KG big, should i be worried or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file/c077253a-9f07-48df-9695-313047a83f4d"
  8. Strange Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Files: I've recently discovered some odd things going on with my pc.. First is <?xml version="1.0"?> <DiagnosticResults><ID>NetworkDiagnostics</ID><Name>Windows Network Diagnostics</Name><Publisher>Microsoft...
  9. Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?: Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great holiday season and are spending it in good health! Let me get straight to the point. As the title implies I get an issue when trying to save things. I get a strange issue where a text box will pop up telling me that [the file I'm...
  10. strange files

in Windows 10 Support
    strange files: I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware installed it popped up when I deleted these files. 102920