Windows 10: Strange files in the temporary folder?

Discus and support Strange files in the temporary folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I had just saved a file, I noticed an extremely large number of strange files in the Temporary File folder. They all have only one strange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Siiiimokkllrree, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Strange files in the temporary folder?

When I had just saved a file, I noticed an extremely large number of strange files in the Temporary File folder. They all have only one strange number/character combination and often no content at all. Many of them were also called mat-Debug and then a number. What is that? Could it be a virus? I had some of them checked for viruses with the Windows Antivirus program where nothing was found

:)

Siiiimokkllrree, Jun 13, 2020

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Viewing All Files in Temporary Downloads

Though the downloads temporary files will not show all in one folder, you can still safely delete temporary files manually. Below are the steps to delete temporary files the standard way.

• Type %temp% on Cortana and press Enter key to open the
      Temp folder containing temporary files.
    • Select the folders or files you want to delete, then click the Delete
      key to delete all temporary files.

It is recommended that you move temporary files to Recycle Bin and permanently delete them after few days. This is for you to have the option to restore files if a program or Windows does not work properly after the deletion.

Regards.

Amylove Loy, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Strange files in the temporary folder?

Is it safe to delete "temporary burn folders

Temporary Folders are a directory for holding Temporary Files.

Temporary Burn Folders is a standard feature of Windows 7.

It only shows up if you have files waiting to be written to a CD/DVD.

Windows usually cleans out Temporary Files after a period of time or on re-boot.

I would be wary of deleting these Temp Burn Folders if you are storing these films / movies on your computer just for viewing.

Try put one onto a USB storage device and then Delete only that one out of your Temporary Burn Folder.

Can you still access that one afterwards.

If you can then it should be safe to delete these.

A way to get rid of these is :

1. 1 : Click Start , type "Shell:CD burning" in the search box, and press Enter.
    2. 2 : Right click on the files in the Burn folder and select Delete.
    3. 3 : In the confirmation window, click Yes
    4. Does that help?

Frank N St31n, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Strange files in the temporary folder?

1. Strange files in the temporary folder? - Similar Threads - Strange files temporary

2. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  3. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  4. temporary files folder

temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  5. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. strange settings.ini file in C folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange settings.ini file in C folder: Good evening,I have found a strange settings.ini file in the C folder with the following content:[IWA] BalloonTipTimeout=10000 ExportPath=C:\ HideAlerts=0 HideInformation=0 HideTrayIcon=0 HideTaskTrayOOBE=0 OOBELaunchedOnce=0 ConnectBtnFlashedOnce=0 ImportPath=C:...
  7. strange settings.ini file in C folder

strange settings.ini file in C folder: Good evening,I have found a strange settings.ini file in the C folder with the following content:[IWA] BalloonTipTimeout=10000 ExportPath=C:\ HideAlerts=0 HideInformation=0 HideTrayIcon=0 HideTaskTrayOOBE=0 OOBELaunchedOnce=0 ConnectBtnFlashedOnce=0 ImportPath=C:...
  8. strange settings.ini file in C folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. STRANGE FOLDER AND FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STRANGE FOLDER AND FILES: Today the Action Center on my PC advised me that my computer was running low on disk space. I found a folder on the C Drive named ”99p~5Xi4`}WiqJpb7_” that used up 464GB of space and contained 2343 Files. I have no idea what these files are about and am unable to read them....
  10. dll.mui files on temporary hidden folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dll.mui files on temporary hidden folder: I noticed this please see attached photo a few days ago and noticed that I'm not properly getting the correct cloud based security intelligence protection update. It' doesn't install 100% and whenever I cross check on windows defender security, the security intelligence...