Windows 10: Strange finding regarding 10% power loss over night

Discus and support Strange finding regarding 10% power loss over night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My 1 year old HP notebook for some strange reasons had lost 10% battery overnight with power still connected. After doing some research, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StanleyIp, Feb 20, 2019.

1. StanleyIp Win User

Strange finding regarding 10% power loss over night

My 1 year old HP notebook for some strange reasons had lost 10% battery overnight with power still connected.

After doing some research, I tried tweaked some of the power setting but still could not resolve this power loss issue.

For the past few nights, if I don't shut down my notebook, in the morning, the battery was at 100% again with power still connected.

I don't understand why this happens. Not shutting it down can retain battery at 100% in the morning and shutting it down will see battery drained down to 90% both scenarios with power connected.

Why??

:)

StanleyIp, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Strange finding regarding 10% power loss over night

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Strange finding regarding 10% power loss over night

1. Strange finding regarding 10% power loss over night - Similar Threads - Strange finding regarding

2. PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night: HI-Not sure where to go with this one, BUTSeveral times in the past couple of weeks, when I return to my PC in the morning, it is effectively powered off, BUT the power light is still on.Status of the new Dell Inspiron Desktop PC with Windows 11 installed and up to date:1 All...
  3. PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night: HI-Not sure where to go with this one, BUTSeveral times in the past couple of weeks, when I return to my PC in the morning, it is effectively powered off, BUT the power light is still on.Status of the new Dell Inspiron Desktop PC with Windows 11 installed and up to date:1 All...
  4. Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10: I noticed a strange issue starting this week seemingly prompted by nothing (I checked my update history and none were installed recently and I haven't downloaded any new programs recently either), on my Windows PC I suddenly have around 20-30% packet loss over Ethernet....
  5. Windows updated over night horror

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated over night horror: Everything including Windows 10 is gone. Used USB boot to get to notepad. All drives show total available space 100%. The few folders I see are all empty. BIOS no long has Microsoft boot manager as a option. No windows access. availability. Cputer loads with boot error...
  6. can't find night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't find night light: can't find night light https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-night-light/13550f1e-60cb-4f2d-bd24-585b079d7c8b
  7. Night Light acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light acting strange: Hello on my Microsoft surface pro 7, the night light will just randomly turn off when I put the surface to sleep and to turn the night light back on, I have to go into settings and toggle the night light switch off then back on, is there any way to fix this?...
  8. Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD: I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows on my SSD (C) and I have another drive for Main Storage(B) When I had installed Windows and booted into it I noticed that Main Storage (B) wasn't showing, I had assumed I had reformatted it as well by accident. I used recovery...
  9. Picture vanished over night

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture vanished over night: Last night, I showed my daughter a picture on my laptop, today it is gone. The other pictures taken at the same time are there. I searched the entire computer for all .jpg pictures with no luck. Don't know if this helps: The search did pull up pictures of political...
  10. Loss of Power - No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Power - No BSOD: A bit frustrated. I get this message in the Event Viewer, but I don't know how to fix it. Windows 10. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and...