Windows 10: Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

Discus and support Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For several months, with no apparent reason or trigger, this strange floating window has appeared - its almost always in the way and sometimes is hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReframedBeans, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

For several months, with no apparent reason or trigger, this strange floating window has appeared - its almost always in the way and sometimes is hard to get rid of. There is no way to close it, its not clickable - I seem to be only able to get it to go away by tabbing between programs. I have tried searching round to see if anyone else has this but have not found any reference to it. Hoping someone else may know what this is!

First attachment shows the object... the second one shows it hovering about over my desktop.

Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears [​IMG]

:)

ReframedBeans, Dec 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen

As per the attached screen shot.
    Not too sure what causes that text to float on the screen no matter what page or windows or application is running, it is floating on top.
    is there a way to reset it other than Restart and or Logout / Login ?...

OceansBlue, Dec 30, 2018
  3. symbols that appear on my nokia 1520

Symbols appear on my phone mainly on the top section such as three wave lines etc is there anywhere i can get a list of symbols that explains this.

thank you

amped---01, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

How do I get rid of the floating text box that appears Everytime I type

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What application are you using when the "floating text box" appears?
    • When did the issue begin?

We're looking forward to your response.

Mark Ole, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

1. Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears - Similar Threads - Strange floating panel

2. Strange icon on START panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange icon on START panel: Hi Sometimes , after enter on Windows , if i go on start menù i see the strange icon like "minecraft" style. What is? i check with antivirus but nothing found , the same with adwcleanr or malwarebytes.. IS a miner hack? like that can use for bitcoin or other..? what is?...
  3. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    caps lock makes numbers type symbols: when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @....
  4. Strange symbols apperaing in emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Strange symbols apperaing in emails.: Last 2 weeks I have been seeing strange symbols in my emails. I have been searching all over and can't find this problem duplicated or a fix for it. They look fine when I write the email and send it. But if I'm replying back and forth to a person with emails then the strange...
  5. Strange symbols found in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange symbols found in Registry Editor: I wasn't sure which place to put it in, so I put it in General Support. I was about to find out why my Desktop Wallpaper's not changing - again - and when I went into Reg Edit, I saw this: Does anyone know what this could mean? [img] 99897
  6. Alt+Number displays wrong symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+Number displays wrong symbols: Hi, I've just discovered that my ALT symbols don't work correctly. For instance ALT+156 on the right hand keypad (which should produce the Pound sign) now yields ♠ - and so on ALT+157 = •, ALT+158 = ◘ etc. Can somebody help me? (it doesn't matter whether I type the "+" as...
  7. Strange Preview Panel Glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Preview Panel Glitch: Hey guys, I've been having a strange preview panel glitch where the media player in the preview panel (wmprph.exe) moves the media over to the left side of the screen obsuring icons and does not go away even if I click on another window, also creating a strange blank icon...
  8. Strange - where is control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange - where is control panel?: Have two laptops - installed Win 10 on old one a while back and now on my new one. On the old one, I have an icon for control panel - on the new one I do not and can find no way to get to control panel. Among other things, I want to disable my touch pad but can find no...
  9. Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange symbol between figures of clock on taskbar.: [img] A square between hours and minutes, anyone seen this and how to remove it? 91543
  10. Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen: As per the attached screen shot. Not too sure what causes that text to float on the screen no matter what page or windows or application is running, it is floating on top. is there a way to reset it other than Restart and or Logout / Login ?... [img] 76510