Windows 10: Strange Font appeared not letters on my laptop

Discus and support Strange Font appeared not letters on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This morning the font on my laptop was changed to symbols, it's changed everywhere, settings, folders etc. How did this happen and how do I change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GV13, Sep 16, 2020.

1. GV13 Win User

Strange Font appeared not letters on my laptop

This morning the font on my laptop was changed to symbols, it's changed everywhere, settings, folders etc. How did this happen and how do I change it back to normal?

I saw tutorials on how to restore and have sort of followed instructions, guessing as menu is also in symbols but nothing happened.

Please help, how do I fix this? I have final assignment to complete for OpenUni and can't get any work done.

:)

2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Sep 16, 2020
  3. RuskinF Win User
    Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

To restore default font settings in Windows 10, do the following:

1. Open the classic Control Panel app.
    2. Go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts.
    3. On the left, click on the link Font settings.
    4. On the next page, click on the button 'Restore default font settings'.
    The font settings will be set to default after this.

RuskinF, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Strange Font appeared not letters on my laptop

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Strange Font appeared not letters on my laptop

1. Strange Font appeared not letters on my laptop - Similar Threads - Strange Font appeared

2. Strange Letters in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Letters in Context Menu: I have a weird text bug in the right click context menu. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-letters-in-context-menu/7502baf7-34c7-40c7-81e1-d1674584ecaa
  3. Strange Letters in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Letters in Context Menu: I have a weird text bug in the right click context menu. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-letters-in-context-menu/7502baf7-34c7-40c7-81e1-d1674584ecaa
  4. Strange Letters in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange characters appeared in my calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange characters appeared in my calendar: Hi All!After last update there are strange characters in my calendar beside the clock see in the attached picture. All my language, local and input settings are set to Hungarian. I would be glad if you could help me to return to my standard calendar lookout....
  6. Strange characters appeared in my calendar

Strange characters appeared in my calendar: Hi All!After last update there are strange characters in my calendar beside the clock see in the attached picture. All my language, local and input settings are set to Hungarian. I would be glad if you could help me to return to my standard calendar lookout....
  7. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  8. strange file appears on my desktop !

strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  9. strange numeric letters

strange numeric letters: have tried to open a saved document under wordpad. when opening it it shows up as numeric and special charecters. what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-numeric-letters/a8b13dd8-7abf-47b3-8841-5f2740a28a30
  10. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.: Good day! So I changed fonts using the reg file tweak trick and now there is this strange box thing in the time on the taskbar where the colon is supposed to be.[ATTACH] Now, I already changed back to the default font, but it's still the same after restarting my phone. What...