Windows 10: Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

Discus and support Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my Windows 10, some messages and command buttons are in a font different from the system default font after the anniversary upgrade is applied. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidpage, Sep 30, 2016.

1. davidpage Win User

Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

In my Windows 10, some messages and command buttons are in a font different from the system default font after the anniversary upgrade is applied. In the screenshots below, you can see that the toolbar area has the usual system font (Segoe UI), but some of the contents, like the tabs in Notepad++, do not. Which setting should I adjust to change it back to Segoe UI?

Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes [​IMG]

Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes [​IMG]

:)

davidpage, Sep 30, 2016

2. Strange font in dialog boxes in Win 10

First thought would be to go to the "Themes" control panel and try another theme pack.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 30, 2016
  3. Strange font in dialog boxes in Win 10

I'd try switching to another of the default stock and see, just in case the default Windows theme was modified or corrupted. Still, if the problem continues it looks like the font may have been removed or overwritten, or maybe just corrupted.

When did it first break? Maybe run a restore back to just before then.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

1. Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes - Similar Threads - Strange font certain

2. Dialog box customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog box customization: What file has all the dialog boxes ? Such as file explorer? The icons in the ribbon?John*cry 140382
  3. 'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...: @Brink : Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position? [img] 132864
  4. Window Dialog box error!

Window Dialog box error!: My new PC got this font error in dialog box as follow. May I know I how to solved this? Thanks. Best Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-dialog-box-error/1f3af4c3-2ed2-4302-957d-071483256ae0
  5. Dialog box stopping operations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog box stopping operations: I am getting this message-"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" One place this occurs is when I click on a reply box in email. This is a new problem and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Email is from...
  6. "Activate Windows" dialog box

"Activate Windows" dialog box: In the last few weeks, my laptop screen shows "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows". No matter what app I'm in or what I'm doing, this shows up. I have accessed Windows to see what I need to update but there appears to be nothing. I want this dialog box to go...
  7. Windows dialog box font too big

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows dialog box font too big: How do I fix this? [img] I reset my PC and from the windows.old folder, I selected all the fonts and installed them all (wrong move, totally) thanks in advance! 109317
  8. Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes: Hi I have upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10. All the scaling settings were not correct. I have put them to the recommended setting off 125%, which is what it was when I was using win 8.1 and worked perfectly. I have had to select the "disable scaling..." in the...
  9. windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box: Since the windows 10 update : Half of the menus and dialog boxes are in English and half in Dutch I would like them ALL in English I have set the region and language to English No extra languages chosen where can I fix this ? 67649
  10. Strange problem with menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with menus: Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar just keep scrolling round and round. Does that make sense? its driving me mad. 97919