Windows 10: Strange font in the browser with Windows?

Discus and support Strange font in the browser with Windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I have since an order at "StickerApp" a strange font on many websites. Among others PayPal and eBay. But on the other hand the font is normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thisPhil, Jun 21, 2020.

1. thisPhil Win User

Strange font in the browser with Windows?

Hey,

I have since an order at "StickerApp" a strange font on many websites. Among others PayPal and eBay. But on the other hand the font is normal again. (The problem occurs in every browser).

The question now is how do I solve the problem?

I've already tried it:

• Reinstalling Fonts
    • Fonts Settings Reset to default settings
    • ClearType
    • Browser fonts reset

Strange font in the browser with Windows? 0_big.png

Strange font in the browser with Windows? 1_big.png

Thanks for all the answers.

:)

thisPhil, Jun 21, 2020

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Strange font

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up. We need to dig deep into this as this issue is unusual:

• Is this only happening in the Windows Media Player App?
    • Have you checked if the other apps that has a search bar has the same font?

In the meantime, what we can do is reset the font in Windows Media Player by performing a restore. You can follow these steps on how to this:

• In Media Player, press the Alt key.
    • Then click Tools.
    • Choose Advanced from the pop-out menu.
    • Choose Restore Media Library.

We will wait for your update.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 21, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange font in the browser with Windows? - Similar Threads - Strange font browser

2. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Windows Font Issue: Hello Mircosoft team, when I press <Windows-Key> and type for app search the font suddenly changes from Segoe UI to some serif font. Please see screenshot attached > but only partially?What can I do? Kind regards, Conrad...
  3. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Windows Font Issue: Hello Mircosoft team, when I press <Windows-Key> and type for app search the font suddenly changes from Segoe UI to some serif font. Please see screenshot attached > but only partially?What can I do? Kind regards, Conrad...
  4. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The font looks very strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The font looks very strange: This is my screen capture of an app, and the font at the bottom part is literally strange against others'. I have not found anyone has the same issue with me.I have the "Smooth edges of screen fonts" option on and I tried adjusting "ClearTypes" but it didn't work.All text on...
  6. The font looks very strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The font looks very strange: This is my screen capture of an app, and the font at the bottom part is literally strange against others'. I have not found anyone has the same issue with me.And this is an screenshot from others on YouTubeCan anyone figure out what's wrong with the font or settings....
  7. Bad font in browsers

Bad font in browsers: What's wrong with my fonts?I opened this website and I came across this font, I thought that the website has problem, but when i opened the same page on my phone i understood that the problem is on my side 'cause the page looked good on my phone.But i don't know what's wrong...
  8. Strange yellowing of system font

Strange yellowing of system font: This is driving me mad. Suddenly my system font is not displaying correctly. https://screenshot.net/v4krphp https://screenshot.net/jkplec4 I had to take a photo of my screen because if I screen shot and you view the image at a different size the effect vanishes. All...
  9. Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser: After installing Windows 10 recently I opened the Edge browser and I saw this strange font. When I right clicked to inspect the element it says it should be Arial but it is obviously not. It is the same on Bing and Yahoo search pages as well as some other pages but does not...
  10. Strange font on some windows popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font on some windows popup: Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this How can i solve thanks 12502

Users found this page by searching for:

1. strange fonts in browser