Windows 10: Strange font on some windows popup

Discus and support Strange font on some windows popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this How can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeldoox, Aug 3, 2015.

1. zeldoox Win User

Strange font on some windows popup

Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this
    How can i solve thanks

:)

zeldoox, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 default font?

How do you find out what the default font is - I have some strange graffiti type font also,

MikeSchlodder, Aug 3, 2015
  3. najevi Win User
    How to change candidate font size of Chinese input (Microsoft Quick)

I agree that 2 years without a resolution is disappointing and that is why I have tried a different approach.

Please refer to :

Will you please make IME popup font size
    a user scalable parameter?

... There, I am inviting a discussion of the IME popup font size(s) and some very specific proposals as to how the IME user interface might be changed to make those popups more legible.

Mock ups of some preferred scale factors (125% and 150%) are included.

Please weigh in on that discussion if you see merit. If you have alternative views (perhaps your language IME behaves differently than JA IME) then please try to be as specific and constructive as you can be.

Regards,

najevi, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Looks like System Bold, an old screen font that used to be in Windows 3, and is still found in 10.

This was a problem in Windows 7, when people downloaded lots of fonts, then realised that it made their system so slow that they did a big font deletion - which made everything look awful, as only a few fonts remained.

Have you deleted or renamed any fonts, such as SegoeUI, or Tahoma from the fonts folder. Possibly there was an error during setup.

One solution was to download and install Powerpoint viewer, which also installs Windows fonts

Download PowerPoint Viewer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Once that has installed, go to control panel and fonts and font settings and restore font defaults

Fafhrd, Aug 3, 2015
  5. zeldoox Win User
    I fixed reinstall all segoe font, thanks!

zeldoox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange font on some windows popup - Similar Threads - Strange font popup

2. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Windows Font Issue: Hello Mircosoft team, when I press <Windows-Key> and type for app search the font suddenly changes from Segoe UI to some serif font. Please see screenshot attached > but only partially?What can I do? Kind regards, Conrad...
  3. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Windows Font Issue: Hello Mircosoft team, when I press <Windows-Key> and type for app search the font suddenly changes from Segoe UI to some serif font. Please see screenshot attached > but only partially?What can I do? Kind regards, Conrad...
  4. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Strange Popup Showing on the windows screen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Popup Showing on the windows screen.: Hello Everyone, I bought this laptop roughly two weeks ago and I have been seeing random and useless popups on the bottom right corner of the windows screen. I've attached the pictures for reference. Further, after clicking on the popup, different links open which show...
  6. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar: Hello there.Somehow while I've been using my Nitro 5 laptop, there's suddenly a "MainWindow" pop-up in the taskbar almost every time I start my laptop.This is how it looks like, however, it took me a few attempts to take a screenshot due to once it has shown, it just...
  7. Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange MainWindow popup in the taskbar: Hello there.Somehow while I've been using my Nitro 5 laptop, there's suddenly a "MainWindow" pop-up in the taskbar almost every time I start my laptop.This is how it looks like, however, it took me a few attempts to take a screenshot due to once it has shown, it just...
  8. Strange font in the browser with Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange font in the browser with Windows?: Hey, I have since an order at "StickerApp" a strange font on many websites. Among others PayPal and eBay. But on the other hand the font is normal again. (The problem occurs in every browser). The question now is how do I solve the problem? I've already tried it:...
  9. Strange Popup - Windows 10 User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Popup - Windows 10 User: I have a home user on Windows 10. He frequently receives the following popup: [ATTACH] The occurrence of the popup is not consistent. He may see it after logging into the pc or just while accessing Outlook, Word, Firefox, etc. When it appears, his mouse cursor is...
  10. Strange Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Popup: Hi all, for the last week I get the below popup about 2 to 3 times a day. any one know what is going on? [img] 92522