Strange font on some windows popup

Discus and support Strange font on some windows popup in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this How can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeldoox, Aug 3, 2015.

1. zeldoox Win User

Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this
    How can i solve thanks

:)

zeldoox, Aug 3, 2015
  2. MikeSchlodder Win User

Windows 10 default font?

How do you find out what the default font is - I have some strange graffiti type font also,

MikeSchlodder, Aug 3, 2015
  3. najevi Win User
    How to change candidate font size of Chinese input (Microsoft Quick)

I agree that 2 years without a resolution is disappointing and that is why I have tried a different approach.

Please refer to :

Will you please make IME popup font size
    a user scalable parameter?

... There, I am inviting a discussion of the IME popup font size(s) and some very specific proposals as to how the IME user interface might be changed to make those popups more legible.

Mock ups of some preferred scale factors (125% and 150%) are included.

Please weigh in on that discussion if you see merit. If you have alternative views (perhaps your language IME behaves differently than JA IME) then please try to be as specific and constructive as you can be.

Regards,

najevi, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Looks like System Bold, an old screen font that used to be in Windows 3, and is still found in 10.

This was a problem in Windows 7, when people downloaded lots of fonts, then realised that it made their system so slow that they did a big font deletion - which made everything look awful, as only a few fonts remained.

Have you deleted or renamed any fonts, such as SegoeUI, or Tahoma from the fonts folder. Possibly there was an error during setup.

One solution was to download and install Powerpoint viewer, which also installs Windows fonts

Download PowerPoint Viewer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Once that has installed, go to control panel and fonts and font settings and restore font defaults

Fafhrd, Aug 3, 2015
  5. zeldoox Win User
    I fixed reinstall all segoe font, thanks!

zeldoox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange font on some windows popup - Similar Threads - Strange font popup

Forum Date

Strange Threat Report

Strange Threat Report: I paid for an add-on to MS Money called MSMoneyQuotes.exe. The file checked out fine on Defender and virustotal. I tried copying the file to a Windows zip folder (Money.zip). Defender said it wanted to send it for a cloud scan then came back with the virus warning below....
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security Yesterday at 9:42 AM

Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803

Very strange shutdown problem in Windows 10 64bit build 1803: Three or four days ago when I clicked shutdown, after 30 seconds the monitor went dark but the PC was still running, I tried it in Safe Mode, Clean Boot and restored an image from 14 days ago all with the same result. I thought before I inflicted on myself two weeks of teeth...
Windows 10 Support Jun 10, 2018

How to diagnose a strange hangproblem

How to diagnose a strange hangproblem: I have an occasional wacko problem involving FireFox and VeraCrypt (or maybe any long running command). I have no idea how to debug this. I have a .bat file containing a VeraCrypt Mount command. The command prompts for a password, then displays a "This may take a while" type...
Windows 10 Support Jun 8, 2018

Fonts acting really strange after last update

Fonts acting really strange after last update: Hi all. Since last update, my fonts, when browsing is really wierd... Some places, the font gets alot smaller, but not everything is this way... This is both on Chrome and Edge Example: [img] 16228
Windows 10 Support Aug 13, 2015

Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser

Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser: After installing Windows 10 recently I opened the Edge browser and I saw this strange font. When I right clicked to inspect the element it says it should be Arial but it is obviously not. It is the same on Bing and Yahoo search pages as well as some other pages but does not...
Windows 10 Support Aug 10, 2015

Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes: In my Windows 10, some messages and command buttons are in a font different from the system default font after the anniversary upgrade is applied. In the screenshots below, you can see that the toolbar area has the usual system font (Segoe UI), but some of the contents, like...
Windows 10 Support Sep 30, 2016

Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange

Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Font Looks Strange: My font looks strange in Windows 10. It doesn't look smooth as it is supposed to be. Below is the screenshot. [img] 37985
Windows 10 Support Jan 18, 2016
Strange font on some windows popup solved