Windows 10: strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on.

Discus and support strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened my PC this morning, checked my mail, and all of a sudden Google chrome started refusing to connect to anything, even though my net connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian Turner_13, Jan 30, 2021.

1. strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on.

I opened my PC this morning, checked my mail, and all of a sudden Google chrome started refusing to connect to anything, even though my net connection is working fine. Also my FS2020 installation now demands it wants to download all the additional data files YET AGAIN, it was working just fine yesterday.

I tried to install a new app, and got an error about a W10 DLL in system32 named nvspcap.dll telling me it is not designed to run on windows or it contains an error ????

I went to check my Restore points, which were set to on, and now they are disabled, and the ENABLE option is grayed out - very strange ??

Is this a virus perhaps - anyone got any input on what may be happening

:)

Ian Turner_13, Jan 30, 2021

2. Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi Matt,

· Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to check if there is any failed or pending Windows updates, refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.

2. Under ‘Windows Update’ click on ‘Advanced Option’.

3. Click on ‘View your update history’.

4. Check whether any updates are failed, if any try to install the updates and check.

I suggest you to perform system restore as below and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to perform a System restore to gain back access to all your documents, pictures, mails, etc.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows key + R” Keys to open Run window.
    • On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press
      OK.
    • Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.

System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

To contact Microsoft refer to the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 30, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on. [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on. [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. Kem Mon Win User

strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on.

Create restore point does not stop

Hi Nigel,

Restore points are usually saved in
    Local Disk (C), kindly check that the Local Disk (Cstrange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on. :) (System) is
    selected when creating a restore point. If it is correctly selected and the issue still persists, kindly go to the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    and check if the
    "Turn off Configuration"
    and
    "Turn off System Restore State"
    is set to
    Not configured. To do this, press
    Windows key + R, type
    GPEdit.msc
    and hit
    Enter. Go to the location
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore and check if both state is set to "Not configure".
    If it is set to the correct state, perform these troubleshooting:

Check Disk:

To do this, follow these steps:

• Access
      Command
      Prompt as
      Administrator.

• Type
      chkdsk /f /r
      and hit
      Enter.

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it 3 times):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel (after running DISM, run SFC again 3 times).

If the issue persists, kindly provide us the screenshot of the return message so that we can investigate this matter
    further.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on.

1. strange goings on - I cannot enable Restore points amongst other weird goings on. - Similar Threads - strange goings cannot

2. Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows: I just built my first PC, and had activated a copy of Windows 10 Pro on it. As I was setting it up, I ran into a software issue had had to restore a working point in the system, before I had activated windows 10 Pro. Once getting back onto this version of my computer, the...
  3. Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows: I just built my first PC, and had activated a copy of Windows 10 Pro on it. As I was setting it up, I ran into a software issue had had to restore a working point in the system, before I had activated windows 10 Pro. Once getting back onto this version of my computer, the...
  4. Going to a system restore point deactivated my windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  6. Something weird going on

Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  7. How to go back to restore point automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  8. How to go back to restore point automatic

How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  9. I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point

I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point: Hi, I cannot enable system Protection to create a restore point. I have searched around for solutions, but cannot find any newer solutions due to the fact windows has changed since these solutions were posted. so how do I fix this challenge? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?

Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?: I'm having a problem with my desktop icons, for no reason that I can ascertain. Web searches turn up nothing related to what I'm seeing. I'm thinking of going back to a restore point prior to the day this anomalous behavior appeared, but if that doesn't fix the probelm, can I...