Windows 10: strange Google Chrome search results

Discus and support strange Google Chrome search results in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello folks, I recently upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10 (clean install) but I think that's irrelevant to the issue I'm having. My search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tree, Aug 7, 2015.

1. tree Win User

strange Google Chrome search results

Hello folks,

I recently upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10 (clean install) but I think that's irrelevant to the issue I'm having.

My search results in Google Chrome using Google search look strange (see attachment). When I perform the search on the same machine in Firefox, they look 'normal'. However, I get the same 'strange' results in Edge.

Furthermore, I have Google Chrome installed on my Macbook and the search results turn out fine. I also have Win 10 Pro through bootcamp and my search results look 'strange' as well. I have Chrome synced across all the machines (settings, add ons, etc) so I can't help but think that it's my win 10 install.

Has anyone else experience a similar change in Google Search results in chrome and edge in win 10?

:)

tree, Aug 7, 2015

2. Microsoft Cortana not using default browser when doing a Bing search

Also, I am not interested in using Google to search with Cortana. All I want is for Cortana to open Google Chrome to present the results of the Bing search using Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge. I prefer a Microsoft Bing search over a Google search.
    If there is a way to do this, I would really like to know. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Aug 7, 2015
  3. windows 10 drops part of internet connection every two days

Thank you for your suggestions.

Device manager indicates no problems with the adapters. Network troubleshooter finds no issues. I have uninstalled the drivers and restarted the computer and loaded in new drivers. I have disabled anti virus software and the problem persists. It happens
    with both wired and wireless connections.

As i indicated, when this problem occurs, I can ping google with no packet loss from command line (admin) and strangely, I can obtain search results from a search request entered on google homepage (my home page in chrome). Edge doesn't load at all and
    I don't get similar results from a search request in edge or in cortana.

I changed to google's DNS thinking that might be the problem but it did not solve it.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

andreagoodman_708, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

strange Google Chrome search results

1. strange Google Chrome search results - Similar Threads - strange Google Chrome

2. Google chrome \ books search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ books search: Hello Perhaps I ask Google experts about this questions but I don't know the way or the method to how contact them Anyway, if someone can answer my question here, I will be gratified ---The last days when I go Google and search about any item related to language, the book...
  3. Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior: Hello,My default browser is google chrome. (Updated)Recently happens when I enter something in the search line, I get the answers but the page is not normal Left to Right, but as a mirror Right to Left. Its still in English and readable. (And some extra small window to the...
  4. Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior: Hello,My default browser is google chrome. (Updated)Recently happens when I enter something in the search line, I get the answers but the page is not normal Left to Right, but as a mirror Right to Left. Its still in English and readable. (And some extra small window to the...
  5. Strange Local Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Local Search Results: I have only had this laptop for three months, which came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Using the Search box next to the Start icon at the bottom left of the screen, the search results show files (photos, videos, documents) from well before I bought this laptop. For...
  6. Google Chrome Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  7. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  8. Something strange happened with Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Something strange happened with Google Chrome: I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but all of a sudden the taskbar shortcut opened to this, [img] I created a shortcut to my desktop and when I click on it it...
  9. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930
  10. Use chrome/google as default for search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Use chrome/google as default for search results: How can I -Use chrome/google for search results Currently when we type anything into the taskbar search, it launches Edge + Bing to give the results. I would like it to use google and my chrome browser cos I find it gives better results. 8782

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird looking search results google chrome