Windows 10: Strange graphics card behaviour

Discus and support Strange graphics card behaviour in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently changed my case and since then I have been having issues with my graphics card...specifically that after the bios boot screen I get a 'No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CRCameron, Sep 29, 2020.

1. CRCameron Win User

Strange graphics card behaviour

I recently changed my case and since then I have been having issues with my graphics card...specifically that after the bios boot screen I get a 'No signal' message on my TV. I have an RTX 2070 Super. I tried uninstalling the drivers and then I could boot into windows on integrated graphics...but as soon as the drivers install it goes back to no signal.

I tried installing an old card GTX 660 and it worked fine so I figured my 2070 was just broke. But then I remember I had a GTX 1060 in the cupboard and after installing that...I get the same behaviour as the 2070.

Can anybody suggest what may be wrong?

System:

Z270 GAMING M3
    i5 7600k
    RTX 2070 Super
    16GB DDR4 Ram
    be quiet straight 11 750kw PSU

I should add that I can remote onto my machine and it seems to think everything is fine, drivers are up to date and the card is installed properly...it just won't show a picture.

:)

CRCameron, Sep 29, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Strange graphics card behaviour

graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Strange graphics card behaviour

1. Strange graphics card behaviour - Similar Threads - Strange graphics card

2. Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate: I have observed this strange behaviour after the laptop resumes from hibernate. The ethernet adaptor is given the unassigned to the automatic private IP address range 169.254.x.x which means DHCP failed. This is confirmed when I tried to renew the DHCP via command line and...
  3. Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange ethernet card behaviour after resuming from hibernate: I have observed this strange behaviour after the laptop resumes from hibernate. The ethernet adaptor is given the unassigned to the automatic private IP address range 169.254.x.x which means DHCP failed. This is confirmed when I tried to renew the DHCP via command line and...
  4. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  5. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  6. My graphics card is acting strangely

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My graphics card is acting strangely: I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB plugged into a pretty old Inspiron 660, but it's acting strangely. whenever I start my computer if I have my monitors plugged into my graphics card the computer won't boot and instead just angerly beeps at me. also, my main monitor,...
  7. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  8. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...
  9. Strange IP Behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...
  10. Strange behaviour on installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange behaviour on installation?: Hi, I have started installation/upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 on my sisters laptop. She have the same MS account on the second gaming computer. The strange things that happend is that the gaming computer just got Windows 10 too, she had 8.1 and yes of course I wanted to...