Windows 10: Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.

Discus and support Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So recently I have noticed a gray rectangle on my desktop. This will go away after restarting my pc but will come back when my computer goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Box Talks, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Box Talks Win User

2. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.

1. Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop. - Similar Threads - Strange grey box

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Strange icon in the search box windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in the search box windows 10: Is it a new "feature" or I got a virus? It disappeared after relog.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-the-search-box-windows-10/51099926-9609-4348-97cd-bd3cd69ef101
  5. Strange icon in the search box windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon in the search box windows 10: Is it a new "feature" or I got a virus? It disappeared after relog.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-the-search-box-windows-10/51099926-9609-4348-97cd-bd3cd69ef101
  6. Grey box on images

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box on images: Hi can someone help me with microsoft photos please i have addded a folder to my collection but on some folders i just shows a grey box i am attaching a pic to show what i mean can anyone help me my windows version number is 2004 i had it working a few days ago where i would...
  7. Incredibly vague weird grey outlines on my dekstop

in Windows 10 Support
    Incredibly vague weird grey outlines on my dekstop: Sinds some time I have a kind of outlines on my screen whenever playing videogames, watching movies via mediaplayers or browser, or just plain desktop. I have an LGC7 TV connected to a receiver. W 10 x64 1809 This "line' seems to change constantly. Sometimes it is just top,...
  8. A strange grey movable box appears and a dark grey one which can't be moved. This also...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange grey movable box appears and a dark grey one which can't be moved. This also...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/L_161 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjrij9/a_strange_grey_movable_box_appears_and_a_dark/
  9. Grey text box in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Grey text box in windows 10: This seems to be an old problem but since two days it appears to me: Every time I do anything with text in Microsoft office I get a large rectangular box pop up, it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. What is the purpose of this box and how can I avoid it? I use microsoft office 2019...
  10. Grey box in settings | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box in settings | Windows 10: I'm trying to change my account password but when I click 'change', a grey window pops up for about 20 seconds then closes. This also happens when using Cortana. Does anyone know how to resolve this? [img] 43416