Windows 10: Strange group or user name in my User account

Discus and support Strange group or user name in my User account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find: SYSTEM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeonBikini, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Strange group or user name in my User account

If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find:

• SYSTEM
    • S-1-5-21-2111192990-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx
    • Administrators [machine]\Administrators

What is that alpha-numeric entry I'm only showing some of the string and redacting the rest?

Other than a few basic apps, I use this computer mostly to remote to work:

- Logmein

Then I have a few Python development related apps:

- Anaconda/Miniconda

- WSL/Debian

- Apache

This 'user or group' does not appear above `C:\Users\[my user]`

:)

NeonBikini, Feb 14, 2020

2. User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 automatically logs-in to strange new user account

Hi,

I realize that the windows 10 logs-in to a different user account.

1. When you say you cant log-in to this strange new user, are you saying that you cant switch to this (strange)new user account from your real user account?

2. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

3. How many user accounts have you configured on your PC?

4. Did you follow the below steps to check the user account?

1. Right click on start menu, select control panel.

2. Select User account, click on manage other accounts.

3. Check the account name, type.

5. From which user account did you check? is it from the strange new user account OR from your real user account?

Once the computer log's in automatically to the strange new user account, You may also follow the below steps and check if you get the account information.

1. Open settings.

2. Click on accounts.

3. Click on your email and accounts tab.

4. On the right side check the user name and type.

You may try the given suggestions and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange group or user name in my User account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Strange group or user name in my User account :(

Zakin, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Strange group or user name in my User account

1. Strange group or user name in my User account - Similar Threads - Strange group user

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User name account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name account: When I set up my new computer I mistyped my user name. I ran the userpasswords2 to update the user name but when i look in file explorer under Users it only has the old name. How do i rename this folder?...
  6. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  7. User account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account name: How do I change the user account name of a non-administrator account on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-name/9bb32d57-f261-4420-80b6-229a8e4367c1
  8. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  9. Strange & Unknown User Name

Strange & Unknown User Name: When I start up the computer, I get presented with this message "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." Below that is an "OK" button. The user name displayed is "morga" -- my last name is "morgan". So when I click "OK" it clears off the message, and I get a...
  10. strange name of the user folder

strange name of the user folder: hi By the install i give this as e-mail nothing stragen so fare. After install when i look in the user folder directory he have created a folder whit arthu and not arthur why ? 27541