Windows 10: Strange hotkeys that start working spontaneously

Discus and support Strange hotkeys that start working spontaneously in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am running the latest version of windows on a Dell XPS 8900 and I am having a problem where hotkeys are toggled spontaneously, causing me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jfer1, May 22, 2020.

1. jfer1 Win User

Strange hotkeys that start working spontaneously

Hi,

I am running the latest version of windows on a Dell XPS 8900 and I am having a problem where hotkeys are toggled spontaneously, causing me to have to restart my computer. These hotkeys are using one button on my keyboard, so I cannot use my keyboard to type as all keys are made hotkeys. Clicking W for example opens some sort of pen, and all of the other keys open other windows applications. How can I stop this from happening? It's extremely annoying.

:)

jfer1, May 22, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, May 22, 2020
  3. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, May 22, 2020
  4. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange hotkeys that start working spontaneously - Similar Threads - Strange hotkeys start

2. Several hotkeys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several hotkeys are not working: My microphone, camera, and airplane mode hot keys do not work. (f4,f7,f8). The f# part works fine, it's the hotkey part that does not work. I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers, but to no avail. Factory resetting does not work either. The microphone and camera...
  3. Applications die spontaneously, often at start-up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications die spontaneously, often at start-up.: Cypress PSoC Creator dies at random intervals. Oracle VirtualBox opens and dies. Dassault Systemes' DraftSight opens and dies. All just pop off the screen without warning. It seems that Windows is secretly misidentifying them as malicious and pulling the plug....
  4. My Start button, Settings, or Hotkeys won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Start button, Settings, or Hotkeys won't work.: So I've been having this problem for a little bit, and it's been concerning me. My Windows (Start) button isn't working, I can't check Wi-Fi, Sound, Battery, or notifications, I can't personalize my background or lock screen, and my settings won't work. It's very problematic...
  5. Hotkeys not working properly.

Hotkeys not working properly.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...
  6. some hotkeys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some hotkeys are not working: some of the hotkeys like camera f6 key, flightmode f7 key, microphone f8, key isn't working after win 10 update and also when I press the hotkey its logo is not displaying...
  7. The Fn key (hotkey) not working

The Fn key (hotkey) not working: The type of the notebook: Acer Aspire E5-572G I installed all driver and application which was provided by the notebook's manufacturer, except one, the Launch Manager. I tried install it, but I could not, because always get an error - This operation system is not supported...
  8. Media HotKey Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media HotKey Not Working: This is my only gripe since upgrading to windows ten. Itunes no longer loads when I press my media key on my keyboard. I've set it in the default apps but nothing, i've tried setting it to open other apps but nothing still. The other hotkeys, i.e. the calculator, work...
  9. Spontaneous Freezing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spontaneous Freezing?: Hi! I have recently upgraded my HP Laptop (of around 4 years old) to Windows 10 from 7. I have had very little to no problems while using it regularly and normally. However, as of today my laptop proceeds to freeze out of nowhere which lasts from a few seconds to a few...
  10. Language Hotkeys Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Hotkeys Don't Work: I have a friend who is bilingual who is trying to get the Korean language working properly on their computer, and asked me for advice. Before I helped them on theirs, I decided to install it on my computer to make sure I knew how language packs work. I installed the language...