Windows 10: Strange icon blinking o right hand side of Windows 10 desktop

Discus and support Strange icon blinking o right hand side of Windows 10 desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a vertical bar icon 40mm x 12mm on my desk top which loads last when I boot and stays there blinking. When I point at it the arrow changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AceBoy66, Oct 12, 2018.

1. AceBoy66 Win User

Strange icon blinking o right hand side of Windows 10 desktop

I have a vertical bar icon 40mm x 12mm on my desk top which loads last when I boot and stays there blinking. When I point at it the arrow changes to busy and I can't right click, left click or do anything to engage with it.

It has a +button and - button on the bottom half what looks like a screen graphic button and another button with a prohibited red circle on the top half. Anyone any idea what this is and how to remove it?

:)

AceBoy66, Oct 12, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 12, 2018
  4. steelkane Win User

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange icon blinking o right hand side of Windows 10 desktop - Similar Threads - Strange icon blinking

2. Printer ink is stuck over to the right hand side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer ink is stuck over to the right hand side: Was loading new ink cartridge and before I clipped the new one in the ink 'arm' moved to the right and is stuck! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink-is-stuck-over-to-the-right-hand-side/392e57c6-c6f6-4775-b300-d04bf984a3dc
  3. Printer ink is stuck over to the right hand side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer ink is stuck over to the right hand side: Was loading new ink cartridge and before I clipped the new one in the ink 'arm' moved to the right and is stuck! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink-is-stuck-over-to-the-right-hand-side/392e57c6-c6f6-4775-b300-d04bf984a3dc
  4. can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?: can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?this is the sidebar, not the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-the-sidebar-to-the-right-hand-side/bb917777-6e5d-40c6-88a5-3bc31514c82e
  5. can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?: can I move the sidebar to the right hand side?this is the sidebar, not the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-the-sidebar-to-the-right-hand-side/bb917777-6e5d-40c6-88a5-3bc31514c82e
  6. Desktop Icon's Blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon's Blinking: One of my users has an issue where his desktop icons blink like they are refreshing every second or so. This causes explorer.exe to use a high amount of CPU. After troubleshooting extensively I have narrowed the source down to the State Repository Service service. If i stop...
  7. right hand side buttons stay combined

in Windows 10 Support
    right hand side buttons stay combined: Hello, I don't know if this is the right topic to discuss my problem. Although TaskBar Parameters set Buttons to Never Combine. The right hand side buttons stay combined (see image). How to get these Buttons straight on the tTaskBar? Regards [img] 162398
  8. Icons moving from right side of desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving from right side of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, maybe someone had the same issue as me. Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop. And everytime I move some icon to the right side, after restart it moves to the left (as you can see in the picture, my trash is moved...
  9. Issues while right clicking on the right hand side of the screen

Issues while right clicking on the right hand side of the screen: Suddenly I can't click on the right side of my screen and when I right click, I got this:[IMG] But if I open the windows configuration: it works! and also the disabled area is exactly the same as the configuration window, as shown in the PrintScreen below: [ATTACH]...
  10. lines on right hand side of screen in W10

lines on right hand side of screen in W10: Any idea how I get rid of the lines on the RHS of my screen, using W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lines-on-right-hand-side-of-screen-in-w10/69e6466d-07b8-440c-86c7-6c551f1c0cc2