Windows 10: Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar

Discus and support Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Just recently an icon keeps appearing on my taskbar, it's only there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. Can you tell me what it is?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sniffsunderclouds, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar

Hi,

Just recently an icon keeps appearing on my taskbar, it's only there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. Can you tell me what it is?

Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar ddea29e9-927c-43ad-a61c-378ba70151c0?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

:)

sniffsunderclouds, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 23, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar

Strange icon appeared in taskbar

Hi SpareOne

So we may understand this in a context, please provide a screenshot of that icon you are seeing on your Taskbar

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

On the processes tab, do you see any process listed with the same icon?

If so, right click that and choose 'Open File Location'

What is the reported location of that process?

DaveM121, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar

1. Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar - Similar Threads - Strange icon keeps

2. Strange icon in windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange icon in windows taskbar: There is a little white icon that almost looks like the silhouette of a man attached to the lower right hand corner of the apps in my windows taskbar. Any idea what this is? It appears on my chrome tab and two other tabs....
  3. Strange icon in windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in windows taskbar: There is a little white icon that almost looks like the silhouette of a man attached to the lower right hand corner of the apps in my windows taskbar. Any idea what this is? It appears on my chrome tab and two other tabs....
  4. Strange icon in the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange icon in the Taskbar.: Sometimes, a strange icon appears in my taskbar. It is a small, green square with pixels in the bottom that wave like if they were showing a sound graph, screenshot attached.I recently built my pc, it has an RTX 3060TI, an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, a NZXT N7 B550 Motherboard. It...
  5. Strange icon in the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in the Taskbar.: Sometimes, a strange icon appears in my taskbar. It is a small, green square with pixels in the bottom that wave like if they were showing a sound graph, screenshot attached.I recently built my pc, it has an RTX 3060TI, an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, a NZXT N7 B550 Motherboard. It...
  6. Strange icon in the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Strange Icon Appearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Icon Appearing: Hello, Recently I am seeing the icon appearing on my desktop when logging on after a restart/shutdown or period of inactivity, and I have never seen this before, does the community here know what it means, and more importantly how I can make it stop appearing. The icon...
  8. Strange icon appeared in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon appeared in taskbar: A strange item has appeared in my taskbar. When I click on it, it does nothing. It always has the line underneath which appears when a program is open. When I right-click it, the only option is close window. When I choose that nothing happens. Any clue what it may be? Thanks!...
  9. Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.: There is this task on my taskbar that isn't included in my Task Manager and disappears when the cursor is close.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-taskbar-icon-that-dissapears/8ca46c71-e11f-477b-8f3e-de6725cf2a4a"
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...