Windows 10: Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?

Discus and support Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I have a question. I bought a new Microsoft Surface Pro and was greeted with the attached screen (I blackened some unnecessary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trosan, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Trosan Win User

Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?

Hi everybody,

I have a question. I bought a new Microsoft Surface Pro and was greeted with the attached screen (I blackened some unnecessary reflections of the screen and the two white parts showed the same 7-digit number). This somehow looks dubious to me. I was asking myself: Could this be a virus? Or did I get a returned surface instead of a new one (which I paid for)?

Since I couldn't find anything on the internet, I now hope for your help. To enable future users with the same issue to find something with a search engine, I'll write down some of the lines the screen shows:
    * "TestCase 05: Re_Enable Code integrity"
    * "PCH_Value:"
    * "Resetting OOBE ExplorerStartCount Property in Registry ...UserOOBE"
    * "Resetting OOBE UserSignedIn Property in Registry"
    * "TestCase 06: Manual check for black lines"
    * "PASS: *******" (a 7-digit number)
    * "Remove Keyboard Accessory to Shutdown"

Does anyone know the meaning of this screen?
    What is this password for?

I much appreciate your help!

EDIT: changed title to be more meaningful

:)

Trosan, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?

1. Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before? - Similar Threads - Strange initial screen

2. Has anyone seen this sdiagnhost.exe error before? It pops up multiple times if I try to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone seen this sdiagnhost.exe error before? It pops up multiple times if I try to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/beepbopbepbopbeep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11c6n9y/has_anyone_seen_this_sdiagnhostexe_error_before/
  3. has anyone seen this behavior with recycle bin?

has anyone seen this behavior with recycle bin?: I had 3 items in my recycle bin which should have been empty folders. I selected empty recycle bin and started working on something else until I noticed the progress was at 19% and it said something like discovering 200,000 items. I was like whoa and I hit cancel and then the...
  4. Anyone seen this before?

Anyone seen this before?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rbdgswg- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kns5ve/anyone_seen_this_before/
  5. Has anybody seen this before?

Has anybody seen this before?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Esperuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvvzaj/has_anybody_seen_this_before/
  6. Has anyone seen this new feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone seen this new feature?: Has anyone seen this new feature Start typing to search, in the Start Menu. If so, how is it enabled? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-seen-this-new-feature/6ff0f171-05df-4c58-abc9-d07770b87353
  7. Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot): Hi Folks, I've been trying to Install Aftershotpro3 from the Corel download site. The installer downloads OK, it's about 640kB but when I run it all I get is the screen shown in this screenshot. I've tried running as administrator, no difference and I've scanned my registry...
  8. Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot): Hi Folks, I've been trying to Install Aftershotpro3 from the Corel download site. The installer downloads OK, it's about 640kB but when I run it all I get is the screen shown in this screenshot. I've tried running as administrator, no difference and I've scanned my registry...
  9. Mbam Pop-Up....Anyone Seen This Before?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mbam Pop-Up....Anyone Seen This Before?: I woke up my machine and a second later was greeted with this in the lower right corner: [img] Hovering over the links didn't show the links in the lower left corner and I sure wasn't going to click on them, the only way I got rid of it was to do a re-start. This is in...
  10. Visual Bug - Has anyone seen this before?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Bug - Has anyone seen this before?: Randomly this happens when opening a new window. It's always happened after I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago. If anyone could tell me the cause and possibly a fix it would be awesome. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers and windows updates. Example Pic...