Windows 10: Strange install Problem

Discus and support Strange install Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a really strange problem. I want to install games from Game Pass. I say he should install on D because that's my game hard drive. When he starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brainpinker, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Strange install Problem

I have a really strange problem. I want to install games from Game Pass. I say he should install on D because that's my game hard drive. When he starts to install, however, he always does it on C. No matter whether I said specifically that he wants to install on D. And yes, I have enough space on D

submitted by /u/Brainpinker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brainpinker, Aug 31, 2020

2. Strange Freezing Problems On Install

I am having strange problems when installing programs. I just re-installed Windows, and now the computer freezes on some installs. For example: When installing my print drivers, once unzipped, it freezes on the first screen. I can still move my mouse, still open Task manager, but cannot click on anything at all! It is very strange! Any ideas?

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Scavar Win User
    8800GTS problems.

Seems pretty strange to me. I have a standard 8800GTS, the only problem I get is the BSOD nv4_disp.dll thing, which in my case I think is linked to heat on other parts of the video card.

I would suggest completely removing the drivers using Driver Cleaner, and install the ones that came with the card first. If the problem continues, remove again, try the newest drivers. If it still happens, underclock the card and try the same steps. In the end, talk to EVGA and see what they tell you.

Scavar, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Sambat Win User

Strange install Problem

Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

Strange install Problem [​IMG]

Sambat, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Strange install Problem

1. Strange install Problem - Similar Threads - Strange install Problem

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange problem during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange problem during Windows 10 installation: I just made a fresh install of Windows 10 on my friend's laptop, everything was ok till the last step before finish. I come to the step when I choose location, language, I set the username, I skip password, I set the default config for different steps (Cortana etc..) and...
  6. Strange Hard-drive installation problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Hard-drive installation problem.: I used to build systems and the last one I built lasted about 7 years. One day it had a coolant leak that I missed and eventually lead to a dead system. So I bought a brand new one as you can see in my system specs. The very first day I had it, I removed the storage drives...
  7. Strange Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Mouse Problem: I've solved this problem but thought I would post in case anyone has similar issue. I had a problem with my desktop PC where menus didn't respond to mouse commands and the PC didn't respond to the keyboard arrow keys after pressing Ctrl / Alt / Delete. I changed the mouse...
  8. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...
  9. Strange problem with menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with menus: Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar just keep scrolling round and round. Does that make sense? its driving me mad. 97919
  10. Help with a strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a strange problem: Hi everyone, I have this problem: [img=http://s14.postimg.org/6vteszwf1/Info.jpg] This situation is similar, but to me doubled the directory “downloads” [Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer - AskVG The error was caused today,...