Windows 10: Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

Discus and support Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I've been trying to Install Aftershotpro3 from the Corel download site. The installer downloads OK, it's about 640kB but when I run it all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ford Prefect, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

Hi Folks,
    I've been trying to Install Aftershotpro3 from the Corel download site.
    The installer downloads OK, it's about 640kB but when I run it all I get is the screen shown in this screenshot.
    I've tried running as administrator, no difference and I've scanned my registry for conflicts.
    My system is a Dell XPS 410 with 500Gb Samsung SSD and 8GB of RAM plus an ASUS R5 230 graphics card.
    Processor is a Core2Duo 2.4GHz and I'm running Windows 10 64 bit
    Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot) [​IMG]
    The strange thing is that it downloads and runs OK on my wife's laptop which is about the same spec as my PC.
    So I don't think it's the installer, it's something different on my PC but I've no idea how to find it or where to start looking.
    Any suggestions or info gratefully received.
    Thx.

:)

Ford Prefect, Oct 16, 2019
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Strange Freezing Problems On Install

I am having strange problems when installing programs. I just re-installed Windows, and now the computer freezes on some installs. For example: When installing my print drivers, once unzipped, it freezes on the first screen. I can still move my mouse, still open Task manager, but cannot click on anything at all! It is very strange! Any ideas?

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Scavar Win User

Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

8800GTS problems.

Seems pretty strange to me. I have a standard 8800GTS, the only problem I get is the BSOD nv4_disp.dll thing, which in my case I think is linked to heat on other parts of the video card.

I would suggest completely removing the drivers using Driver Cleaner, and install the ones that came with the card first. If the problem continues, remove again, try the newest drivers. If it still happens, underclock the card and try the same steps. In the end, talk to EVGA and see what they tell you.

Scavar, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

1. Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot) - Similar Threads - Strange installer problem

2. Anyone seen this before?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone seen this before?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rbdgswg- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kns5ve/anyone_seen_this_before/
  3. Strange install Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange install Problem: I have a really strange problem. I want to install games from Game Pass. I say he should install on D because that's my game hard drive. When he starts to install, however, he always does it on C. No matter whether I said specifically that he wants to install on D. And yes, I...
  4. Has anyone seen this new feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone seen this new feature?: Has anyone seen this new feature Start typing to search, in the Start Menu. If so, how is it enabled? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-seen-this-new-feature/6ff0f171-05df-4c58-abc9-d07770b87353
  5. Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange installer problem. Anyone seen this? (See screenshot): Hi Folks, I've been trying to Install Aftershotpro3 from the Corel download site. The installer downloads OK, it's about 640kB but when I run it all I get is the screen shown in this screenshot. I've tried running as administrator, no difference and I've scanned my registry...
  6. Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange initial screen - has anyone seen this before?: Hi everybody, I have a question. I bought a new Microsoft Surface Pro and was greeted with the attached screen (I blackened some unnecessary reflections of the screen and the two white parts showed the same 7-digit number). This somehow looks dubious to me. I was asking...
  7. Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker?: I've noticed two words, there may be more, that Edge's spell check say are misspelled even when they are correct. Carter and China are two words when used with a capital C that give me a spelling check error. Is anyone else experiencing that? In fact they show up as errors on...
  8. Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?: I have had a cumulative update but winver build has stayed at 10240 was that it or not? 29369
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. New "Meta" Tile on Start menu: (see image) Anyone seen this?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "Meta" Tile on Start menu: (see image) Anyone seen this?: Hello, everyone. I'm happy to find this very robust community of Win10 users. I hope someone here has some insight into this windows "feature", which doesn't seem to be documented or commented on anywhere online that I can find - possibly because I am not using the correct...