Windows 10: Strange Internet behavior after I think an update

Discus and support Strange Internet behavior after I think an update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I'm having some problems with my network, to start of, I have searched and read a lot of threads with similar problems but none resolved my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MostThicc, May 27, 2023.

1. MostThicc Win User

Strange Internet behavior after I think an update

Hi,I'm having some problems with my network, to start of, I have searched and read a lot of threads with similar problems but none resolved my issue.So, I launch my browser, everything works fine for about a minute or so, then it becomes so slow or straight out non available on some sites, it stays like that for about 30 seconds or more then everything returns to normal for a about a minute again, then the same thing happens again and again.The thing is, when a website is in its phase of not working, others work fine. The best example I could find to explain is Youtube, the site opens normal

:)

MostThicc, May 27, 2023

2. Strange behavior of the Start menu

You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway
    it appears with the right icon, the one defined by the shortcut. If this entry list is pinned to the start screen, it appears with the icon of the exe file, not the one of the shortcut. Second strange behavior. I regret all this. The start menu of W10 lost
    something very important in the W7 and previous versions. The ability to create a hierarchical menu : one for internet, one for multimedia, one for office programs etc… The actual start menu is a real mess compared to what could be done in W7. This can be
    partly solved by the start screen : it’s possible to create folders, one for internet, one for multimedia ad so on, and the folders can contain pinned tiles to the right programs. Anyway, its’ completely impossible to create several shortcuts to the same program.
    For example one for starting the browser to one a website, one for starting it to another website and so on. Personally, I solve this by using an alternate shell able to manage several shortcuts to the same program… and to choose the icon. Anyway, this behavior
    of the start menu remains very strange, and makes the start menu of W10 less usable than the ones of the previous versions of windows (not W8 of course which was a complete failure).

mgrmgrmgrmgr, May 27, 2023
  3. Strange update behavior

I'm trying to figure out why you had to install KB3197954 manually.

1. Did KB3197954 fail to install when offered via Windows Update or didn't you get a chance to install due to the "available updates show up but quickly disappear" behavior?

2. Assuming Win10 is, in fact, installed on the HDD, how much free space is available on the HDD (usually the C drive)? ...the SSD?

3. When, if ever, was the last time you ran Disk Cleanup?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 27, 2023
  4. TomF37380 Win User

Strange update behavior

My Dell W10 laptop hasn't been used for about a year, so I attempted to use Windows Update to bring it up to speed: 1) it was stuck on "updates are available/downloading 0%)" for several hours; 2) when it finally "finished", there were 5 updates listed;
    3) when I selected download, they quickly disappeared one-by-one, and the computer went back to step 1 again. This has happened numerous times now.

When I look in the c:/windows/software distribution folder, I can see the 5 update folders there; so it appears that the updates are downloading but not installing. Strangely, my installed updates screen shows no update history/blank.

I even tried reinstalling W10 using a flash drive created on another W10 laptop. It installed fine, but the problem still exists. One strange thing about the reinstall though: the other computer was at 14.343.351, but the problem laptop still shows 14.343.0;
    shouldn't it have updated to the .351 level with the reinstall?

The update troubleshooter did not find any problems.

How do I solve this Windows Update problem?

TomF37380, May 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Strange Internet behavior after I think an update - Similar Threads - Strange Internet behavior

2. Strange Internet behavior after I think an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Internet behavior after I think an update: Hi,I'm having some problems with my network, to start of, I have searched and read a lot of threads with similar problems but none resolved my issue.So, I launch my browser, everything works fine for about a minute or so, then it becomes so slow or straight out non available...
  3. Strange Internet behavior after I think an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Internet behavior after I think an update: Hi,I'm having some problems with my network, to start of, I have searched and read a lot of threads with similar problems but none resolved my issue.So, I launch my browser, everything works fine for about a minute or so, then it becomes so slow or straight out non available...
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  5. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  7. Strange Behavior after last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Behavior after last Windows Update: I successfully installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 on 7/19/2020. If my laptop goes into sleep mode, it is unresponsive when I wake it up. I can click on a taskbar icon, but nothing happens. A restart does not solve the problem; I need to completely...
  8. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...