Windows 10: Strange internet connection... Printer related?

Discus and support Strange internet connection... Printer related? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a windows 10 update last night and after all was said and done I had a strange internet connection that I did not add or recognize. When I right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by herbsgalore, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Strange internet connection... Printer related?

I did a windows 10 update last night and after all was said and done I had a strange internet connection that I did not add or recognize. When I right click on it the only option that is available is the connect. How do I get rid of this. I cannot find it anywhere else. The strange part is the name is Direct-92301990, the last numbers on my printer is the 301990. Could it be my printer?

* Moved from IE8/other

* Original title: internet connection

:)

herbsgalore, Dec 18, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Strange internet connection... Printer related? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Strange internet connection... Printer related? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2019
  3. issue with internet explorer and connection of printer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that some system files are already corrupted or system configuration are not configured properly. To help you with this, please answer the following questions below:

• What is the build version of Windows that you are using? To check it, type in
      winver on Search bar and hit Ok.
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes?

Regarding the Internet Explorer concern, you can provide us a screenshot of what exactly is happening to it. Meanwhile, you can perform the following suggested steps:

• See the steps on this link on how to connect printer and troubleshoot if it is not working properly.
    • If the same issue persists, visit this link for some advanced troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Strange internet connection... Printer related?

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Strange internet connection... Printer related?

1. Strange internet connection... Printer related? - Similar Threads - Strange internet connection

2. HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet': Printer was working fine until this message popped up. Have tried online fixes but unable to fix.At another stage the printer display read: "reconnect the hardware device to the computer"???printer seems to work fine but can't scan to/from computer. Any advice?Using HP...
  3. HP Printer display: "Printer cannot connect to the internet".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer display: "Printer cannot connect to the internet".: Any advice to fix this? My HP Deskjet 3050A j611 IS connected and working fine.This message appears at all times on the printer...even while it is printing from the internet.Getting support/help from HP is not worth the bother of trying.Any suggestions to remove the message...
  4. HP Printer display: "Printer cannot connect to the internet".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Printer display: "Printer cannot connect to the internet".: Any advice to fix this? My HP Deskjet 3050A j611 IS connected and working fine.This message appears at all times on the printer...even while it is printing from the internet.Getting support/help from HP is not worth the bother of trying.Any suggestions to remove the message...
  5. Strange internet connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange internet connectivity issues: So i’m running windows 10 on my alienware alpha that i’ve had for 5ish years now, and i’ve had this issue for about 3 months now. For a while, i wouldn’t be able to connect to my WiFi if i put my pc on standby. It would say theres no connections available, so when i would...
  6. Internet connection dies with reliable but strange cause

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection dies with reliable but strange cause: Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post since I don't know for sure it's a Win10 problem, but I can't say it's definitely not. I run a Minecraft server for me and 4 friends. When all 5 of us are online, my entire internet connection (not the server) drops to dial...
  7. Mysterious Problem related to internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious Problem related to internet connection: Dear Microsoft community, Please, it's important to read the message to the end. I'm facing a very weird problem with my computers. Sorry for the boring details that i will write but maybe it's better to help understand what's happening. So, at the beginning i connected to...
  8. connecting printer to wireless internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting printer to wireless internet: How do I connect my HP laptop (windows 10) to my Xerox Phaser6128MFP printer using the wireless internet? I don't know how to find the IP address, etc to change my printer to wireless....
  9. Internet connection, strange icons.

Internet connection, strange icons.: Hi, Recently and depending on the internet connection I was dealing with, I noticed in Logon Screen ( Windows 10 Pro, version 1803) these never before seen, bellow attached icons. Been searching Google, just to find a non-conclusive reference to the small circle. Does anyone...
  10. Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer: I have 3 computers that are connected to internet and are also connected to network printer. I have another computer that has financial data. In order to prevent any copying, I want to turnoff internet and block all USB ports on this 4th computer but still want to allow user...