Windows 10: Strange Internet Issues

Discus and support Strange Internet Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had mysterious internet problems on my PC for a few weeks now. My PC (now) runs with Windows 10 Pro x64 v. 1903. My mainboard is the MPG X570... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trigus_, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Trigus_ Win User

Strange Internet Issues

I have had mysterious internet problems on my PC for a few weeks now.
    My PC (now) runs with Windows 10 Pro x64 v. 1903. My mainboard is the MPG X570 Gaming Plus.

I have already tried installing the official drivers, using static network settings, several WLAN dongles, reinstalling Windows using a USB and the Media Creation Tool, resetting my router and resetting and upgrading my BIOS.

About my problem:
    The internet connection, LAN as well as WLAN, seems to break down, especially while transferring bigger files, downloading a game for example, but sometimes also completely random over and over again.
    The connection itself still exists, but it's via LAN, with the exception of those devices that are also connected to the Devolo Powerline network,
    and via WLAN no longer possible to ping the router or any other network device.
    The WLAN connection is established directly to the router (FritzBox 6490), the LAN connection runs, as mentioned above, via Devolo Powerline.
    The connections break, I think, independently of each other (probably because the PC of course only uses one at a time). It can happen that the PC switches to the WLAN or LAN connection, depending on which of the two has just failed. The most interesting thing is that while my PC has problems, all other network devices work fine.

When using a Linux live system (Debian Buster, amd64) the connection once it "recovered" works seamlessly, also when downloading files that caused the connection to fail while using Windows.

LAN: In addition, the PC can be found from outside the Devolo network with a network scan (Fing App). However, I disabled the network adapters and the network scan was still able to identify my PC so I don't think that that has any meaning.
    Also, the attempt to ping my PC is unsuccessful from the device in the Devolo network that I could ping from my PC as well as from the device that could identify the PC by the network scan.

WLAN: The WLAN works, independent of the frequency, also on all other devices. Here, no connection to any device is possible from my PC at all. Windows reports "No Internet, secured".When reconnecting it works for a few seconds to minutes, but breaks down again after a short period of time. I have also tried using the Guest Network of my router

I'm running out of ideas and would be glad if someone could help me or even got any idea what could possibly cause this.

How pinging my Router, while downloading looks like

:)

Trigus_, Oct 18, 2019
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Strange Internet Issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Strange Internet Issues

1. Strange Internet Issues - Similar Threads - Strange Internet Issues

2. Internet working strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet working strange: Hello, from one day to another all the videos load too slow and some websites has problem too. I tried different browsers, but the problem still. I check the latency of my internet in the CDM, I run a speed test and my internet is in the 960s MB, I download some file and it's...
  3. Internet working strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet working strange: Hello, from one day to another all the videos load too slow and some websites has problem too. I tried different browsers, but the problem still. I check the latency of my internet in the CDM, I run a speed test and my internet is in the 960s MB, I download some file and it's...
  4. Strange issue with internet speed after boots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange issue with internet speed after boots: Hey guys, So, I'm not really sure what's causing this issue. I have a 300mbp/s download and approximately 50mbp/s upload connection, but when I first boot up my machine, I'm getting somewhere around half, or less, of what I usually would. The only way I can rectify this is...
  5. Strange internet connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange internet connectivity issues: So i’m running windows 10 on my alienware alpha that i’ve had for 5ish years now, and i’ve had this issue for about 3 months now. For a while, i wouldn’t be able to connect to my WiFi if i put my pc on standby. It would say theres no connections available, so when i would...
  6. Strange Internet Problem

Strange Internet Problem: Hi everyone, I've got this strange bug on my Windows 10 system. I've had it for a while but after all my troubleshooting I've decided to see if anyone else has any ideas. Well, I'm using the Internet; streaming and such and then quite randomly the WiFi will disconnect...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  8. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436