Windows 10: Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card

Discus and support Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Apr 5, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card

Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card are not (readily) displayed on my PC. They are not listed in File Explorer or alternatives to it and not found through Cortana and other search engines --- that is, with the exception of just one search engine. The only way I am able to tell they even exist on the card is with Wise Jet Search. which displays them quite normally.

Using Jet Search I have been able to Move them 'back' to the card, after which they do appear; a somewhat time consuming procedure. Strangely, or so it seems to me, while moving the files to the card one by one it does not generate a 'file already exists' notice, or start numbering them as copies / duplicates.

I have checked that 'hide files' is not ticked.

Any suggestions?

:)

clayto, Apr 5, 2019

2. Formatting a 128MB CF card

I have not been able to get Windows 10 to recognize the 128 and 256 MB CF cards.
    I have a feeling that I read a couple of years ago that Windows cannot read old low volume CF cards.

The 128 CF card is unbranded supplied by the Janome dealer.
    The 256MB Card is a San Disk marked SDCFB 03 SanDisk. This card is most likely to be 12 years old.
    Maybe speed is a problem.

The 4 year old Janome sewing machine cannot handle CF cards larger than 128MB.
    Janome’s cutting edge technology. Love it!

Neither card is write protected.

I will turn the problem over to the grandkids.

Thank for the help.

JeffWolski, Apr 5, 2019
  3. rogerxnz Win User
    How do I rename a CF card in WM5?

I have named my CF card "xxx" on my PC but when I put it into my iPAQ it is shown as "CF Card". When I try to rename it in the iPAQ, I get a message "Problem renaming file 'CF Card'".

How do I rename the card? How many characters can I use?

TIA
    Roger

rogerxnz, Apr 5, 2019
  4. DrCMJ Win User

Canon Camcorder video files not recognised on Windows 10 PC

The Canon Camcorder and folders are clearly recognised on the Windows 10 PC via USB but the movie files contained in the folders are not recognised. Camcorder folders on the SD card are empty when searched through via the Windows 10 software on the PC even
    though the video files are on the camcorder SD card. How do I get the Windows 10 software to recognise the video files of the camcorder.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

DrCMJ, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card - Similar Threads - Strange invisibility camcorder

2. Camcorder files not showing on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camcorder files not showing on PC: I am trying to access video and picture files from my 2003 Sony Handycam DCR-DVD300 on my Windows 10 computer, without finalizing the DVD. The camera requires a USB Type-B Mini connection from the camera to the computer. I attempted plugging in the USB cable into every...
  3. Camcorder files not showing on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camcorder files not showing on PC: I am trying to access video and picture files from my 2003 Sony Handycam DCR-DVD300 on my Windows 10 computer, without finalizing the DVD. The camera requires a USB Type-B Mini connection from the camera to the computer. I attempted plugging in the USB cable into every...
  4. Camcorder files not showing on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 must have corrupted files on my CF card: I have a CNC milling machine, C-tek. Today, I wanted to make a copy (clone) of its CF card. I took the card and read it on my PC (windows 10) through a card reader. Clone it, Then, return in it back to the CNC machine. After that, I started the machine, MS-DOS started, few...
  6. USB CF Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  7. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. CF CARD READER

CF CARD READER: I have a CF card from a canon rebel and I have a ugreen adapter to plug it into the computer but I can't open it, how do I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cf-card-reader/1570ed60-6326-48d8-b4ba-0e8cbb10cdd6"
  9. Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card: Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card are not (readily) displayed on my PC. They are not listed in File Explorer or alternatives to it and not found through Cortana...
  10. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"