Windows 10: Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card

Discus and support Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Apr 5, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card

Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card are not (readily) displayed on my PC. They are not listed in File Explorer or alternatives to it and not found through Cortana and other search engines --- that is, with the exception of just one search engine. The only way I am able to tell they even exist on the card is with Wise Jet Search. which displays them quite normally.

Using Jet Search I have been able to Move them 'back' to the card, after which they do appear; a somewhat time consuming procedure. Strangely, or so it seems to me, while moving the files to the card one by one it does not generate a 'file already exists' notice, or start numbering them as copies / duplicates.

I have checked that 'hide files' is not ticked.

Any suggestions?

:)

clayto, Apr 5, 2019

2. SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

3575.com_3575.com-AG真人娱乐网

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 5, 2019
  3. SD CARD ERROR

Hi,

Since you already performed a hard reset and the issue was only resolved for a short period of time. We suggest that you format your SD card using the steps below:

• Connect your memory card to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If your card reader or PC has a regular SD card slot, you can use a microSD card adapter.
    • Use the File Explorer and browse to the removable storage on your computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
    • For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64-200 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
    • Press OK to confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
    • Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
    • Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
    • Insert the memory card into the memory card slot in the phone until it locks into place.
    After formatting a SD card, try to check if the issue persists.

If formatting your SD card didn't resolved the issue, we suggest that you use another SD card to check if the issue still persists.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card

SD CARD ERROR

Hi,

We suggest you format your SD card by following these steps:

• Connect your memory card to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If your card reader or PC has a regular SD card slot, you can use a microSD card adapter.
    • Use the File Explorer and browse to the removable storage on your computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
    • For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64-200 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
    • Press OK to confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
    • Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
    • Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
    • Insert the memory card into the memory card slot in the phone until it locks into place.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card

1. Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on SD memory card - Similar Threads - Strange invisibility camcorder

2. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  3. Losing file on SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing file on SD card: Hello,I used my SD card on my PC, shut it down and place it on my camera.After finishing the recording, I place my SD card to my PC, boot it up and when I try to look at the files, it's gone.There is still the new folders for the photos and videos but there is nothing...
  4. erase a sd memory card

in Windows 10 Customization
    erase a sd memory card: how to erase sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-a-sd-memory-card/3fcbab5f-fd97-4d55-92e5-18fb0d611e7a
  5. Cannot read SD memory card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot read SD memory card: Hello. I have a refurbished Dell laptop running Windows 10. This laptop is equipped with a variety of ports and should be a huge asset. today I shot some photos on my Nikon D5100 SLR. once done, I removed the SD card and put it into the SD card reader on the side of the...
  6. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  7. using sd card to expand memory

using sd card to expand memory: My C drive is close to full. I need more space so I can update my laptop. Can a SD card be used for that purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-to-expand-memory/81e951c0-6bff-4835-9434-ec545d5f6447"
  8. Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange invisibility of camcorder jpeg files on CF card: Having just brought my camcorder back into use I find that while everything else still works fine, the still pictures saved / recorded to its SD Card are not (readily) displayed on my PC. They are not listed in File Explorer or alternatives to it and not found through Cortana...
  9. Files are corrupted on SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  10. SD Card and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card and File Explorer: I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my complete collection of UserIDs and Passwords; I leave the card in all the time and copy and paste whenever needed. The reason...