Windows 10: Strange issue/bug when changing from local to Microsoft

Discus and support Strange issue/bug when changing from local to Microsoft in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/iaT81ar https://imgur.com/BvpF3sK Just done a clean install, it's not showing up anywhere else but in the user accounts. Checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/midnightrosexs, May 28, 2020.

1. Strange issue/bug when changing from local to Microsoft

/u/midnightrosexs, May 28, 2020

2. Changing local account to Microsoft account issue

Hi,

We don't have a specific cause why the issue occur. The error message you provided is a little broad and we can't narrow down the reason behind this issue. To help you, let me suggest that you create a new account with your Microsoft account in it. Please
    follow the steps below on how to create a new account:

• Press Windows key and search for Settings.
    • Select Accounts
    • Under Your emails and accounts, click Add a Microsoft account
    • Follow the on-screen instructions

After making a new Microsoft account, you can copy all the files on your previous user. Please follow steps below:

• Press Windows key and search for File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Local Disk.
    • Select Users then click your previous account.
    • Press Ctrl + A.
    • Locate your new account.
    • Press Ctrl + A again then press Ctrl + V.

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Strange issue/bug when changing from local to Microsoft

Problem When Right Clicking on Empty Area and Can't Change to Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are unable to use right click and change the Microsoft account to local account. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to change the Microsoft account to local account.

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key" or Start icon.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Strange issue/bug when changing from local to Microsoft

1. Strange issue/bug when changing from local to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Strange issue bug

2. Windowz 10 veery strange bug/ issue.

in Cortana
    Windowz 10 veery strange bug/ issue.: Hello.from past a few days, i have been facing a very strange bug while using the option "search"I get a blackish screen 70% of portion. screenshot is attached as well.it shall be like this if im not wwrong.No windowsupdate performed in last 1 month.NO new apps installed as...
  3. Windowz 10 veery strange bug/ issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowz 10 veery strange bug/ issue.: Hello.from past a few days, i have been facing a very strange bug while using the option "search"I get a blackish screen 70% of portion. screenshot is attached as well.it shall be like this if im not wwrong.No windowsupdate performed in last 1 month.NO new apps installed as...
  4. Windowz 10 veery strange bug/ issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. strange Microsoft Store bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange Microsoft Store bug?: Good day,I discovered a strange Microsoft Store error a few days ago.Apps based on Webview, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram or Tiktok cannot be installed on my PC and I get the error code 0x80073CF3.Other apps that are native can be installed without any problems.My...
  6. strange Microsoft Store bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange Microsoft Store bug?: Good day,I discovered a strange Microsoft Store error a few days ago.Apps based on Webview, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram or Tiktok cannot be installed on my PC and I get the error code 0x80073CF3.Other apps that are native can be installed without any problems.My...
  7. Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest: I wonder if you will be able to advise on the following issue:. I have recently changed the local user profile from admin to guest. The user can no longer see things saved to the desktop and to his local machine , favorite tabs in chrome are missing and he can no longer...
  8. Sharing settings and files when changing from local to microsoft qaccount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing settings and files when changing from local to microsoft qaccount: I just added my Microsoft Account to my computer Admin. It was originally set up as a local account, standard. Now I cannot figure out how to get my settings and files opened. Please help. Tried opening as admin but no go....
  9. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  10. changing accounts from local to Microsoft?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing accounts from local to Microsoft?: Just a quick question: I have an old netbook on which I have always signed in to a local account, and this is an administrator account. If I want to sign in with my Microsoft account instead, would it still be an administrator account? And would I still be able to use all the...