Windows 10: Strange Issue - Ribbon missing IE and Fiel Explorer Windows 10 1809

Discus and support Strange Issue - Ribbon missing IE and Fiel Explorer Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Sorry this is my first post, so anything I am missing please let me know. I ahve had a strange issue with a couple of machines recently in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by l14m3, Apr 10, 2019.

1. l14m3 Win User

Strange Issue - Ribbon missing IE and Fiel Explorer Windows 10 1809

Hi Guys,
    Sorry this is my first post, so anything I am missing please let me know.

I ahve had a strange issue with a couple of machines recently in that the ribbon for both IE and File Explorer are missing and all you can see is the desktop (Please see attached). However upon restarting the machine, it will return to normal and then after a while will revert.

Actions taken:
    I have ran an SFC scan
    Tried a chkdsk
    Checked for any drive updates or any windows updates

Thanks,
    Liam

:)

l14m3, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

Strange Issue - Ribbon missing IE and Fiel Explorer Windows 10 1809 [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 10, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Missing Explorer Ribbon.

f14tomcat, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange Issue - Ribbon missing IE and Fiel Explorer Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Strange Issue Ribbon

2. Hal.dll fiel is missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hal.dll fiel is missing or corrupt: Computer can't start, and show the message: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll. Please re-install a copy of the above file....
  3. Strange windows 10 issues.

Strange windows 10 issues.: Everytime I try to do video streaming via crunchyroll there are some strange times that the video player will stop loading entirely. At first I thought it was the app entirely, but then after I close it, None of my apps will open, can't shut down/restart and only way I can is...
  4. Strange Network issue in 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Network issue in 1809: I have 4 PC's in my private network & I cant see them including the PC i am on in windows explorer under network but I can access them by making a shortcut by entering \\name of PC & can see it that way. Why is 1809 hiding this? I have my network discovery set to be visible...
  5. Strange problem with ribbon in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with ribbon in File Explorer Windows 10: Hi! One of our customer randomly gets the strange problem. As you can see on picture, ribbon randomly becomes gray. [img] Does anybody have a solution? :) 121641
  6. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing: Hi all, A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title bar. Has anyone come across this issue? Restarting explorer.exe did not fix the issue. I had the client reboot and it was...
  7. Missing Explorer Ribbon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Explorer Ribbon.: I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated. 115512
  8. Changing Explorer Ribbon icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Explorer Ribbon icons: Hello, I'm struggling to change some of the Eplorer's Ribbon icons. I've successfully changed icons for: This PC –> Ribbon —> System tab –> Open Settings and System properties. Those icons were located in shell32.dll 1. However I absolutely cannot change icon for This...
  9. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  10. Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10: Thank you. modifying the registry seems to have worked. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to turn off this execrable UI nuisance? 42982

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ribbon missing from ie

2. hide ribbon 1809 explorer