Windows 10: Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

Discus and support Strange issue with computer freezing at random. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this is a strange issue that I've been dealing with over the past month or two. Basically, the pc will run fine, absolutely nothing wrong, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ash Bro, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Ash Bro Win User

Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

So this is a strange issue that I've been dealing with over the past month or two.

Basically, the pc will run fine, absolutely nothing wrong, but then at some point, it will freeze, but it's not like it gets stuck on a specific thing, just at some point, it will freeze, keyboard and mouse will not work, however certain applications will work up to a point Say if I'm playing a YouTube video, it'll keep playing for maybe another 10/15 seconds, the video stops, but the audio plays fine. Another example is discord and their animated emotes, if the PC 'freezes' while my mouse is hovered over it, the emote will continue to play and loop over and over

What makes this more difficult is that I can't pinpoint what causes this issue, when it happens, there is no warning or indication, I've checked the Event Viewer logs but nothing is shown in there. I've checked the performance monitor, task manager, and other tools, but the problem is, with it being so random, it's a bit of a pain having it all open 24/7 while wanting to do personal stuff.

I've looked online and asked my tech-y friends and family for support and ideas, including doing stuff sfc scannow in command prompt, running my anti-virus and allowing windows defender to scan my device, updated Windows which may have mitigated this issue for a few days but its started happening again, and other stuff that I admittedly have forgotten.

While it's not crippling to my daily use of my computer, it would save the inconvenience of having to hard reboot when it happens, it can happen multiple times a day, or non at all, as far as I can tell, it's not a hardware issue, it's still a relatively new computer I had received it in late 2019 and usually I'd expect this sort of thing to happen when doing something specific like running an intensive application/game, or just leaving it on for days straight, neither of which I really do, I can have absolutely nothing open and it'll still happen

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and if any info is needed I can try my best to supply.

:)

Ash Bro, Mar 24, 2021
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

1. Strange issue with computer freezing at random. - Similar Threads - Strange issue computer

2. Computer freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes randomly: I've been trying to figure out why my computer freezes randomly, sometimes two or three times a day. When it happens I can not do anything except for power it off. I've tried to look through the logs but I can't find anything that tells me what is wrong.When I log back in I...
  3. Computer freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly: I've been trying to figure out why my computer freezes randomly, sometimes two or three times a day. When it happens I can not do anything except for power it off. I've tried to look through the logs but I can't find anything that tells me what is wrong.When I log back in I...
  4. Random Freezing of Computer

Random Freezing of Computer: I've been experiencing this random freezing of my computer for a long while now. Typically I'll hear a brief buzzing noise from the speakers and the system will just freeze in place, then after a bit my monitor will go black. I have to turn off or press the reset button on my...
  5. Computer Freezing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing at random: so my computer will randomly freeze during times of high use or low use. the mini dump file just says this************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search path is: Windows 10 Kernel Version...
  6. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  7. Random freeze issue

Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  8. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze issue: About 2 to 3 months ago i put in a new hard drive and a new solid state drive and moved my operating system over to my solid state drive, since then however i have had issues with freezing a random point and needing to restart my computer manually. I usually play alot of...
  10. computer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly freezes: hey there , so okey today computer screen did freeze 2 times in 10 minutes , screen just freeze and desktop picture stays , mouse and keyboard dont react , so in event viewer i found this , it happened once before few days but i ignored it and just restarted pc and it was...