Windows 10: Strange Issue with HCL Notes mail client on Windows 10 Professional

Discus and support Strange Issue with HCL Notes mail client on Windows 10 Professional in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro, ver 20H2 on my home machine, as I had a few issues that need resolving. Everything is now working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by simonb007, May 25, 2021.

1. simonb007 Win User

Strange Issue with HCL Notes mail client on Windows 10 Professional

Hello, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro, ver 20H2 on my home machine, as I had a few issues that need resolving. Everything is now working correctly, apart from my HCL Notes mail client. When I first load it up and access my mail file in the office (the server is deployed online), it opens instantly. If I then go off and do something else and come back to it 5 minutes later, the database takes 20 seconds to open. The software appears to hang. I contacted HCL about this today and they are none the wiser. As a last resort, I reconfigured the Notes client to work over my VPN to the office, using the private IP of the Notes Server, rather than the Public IP and the problem goes away. Prior to reinstalling Windows, I did not have this issue and was using the same Windows version and Notes Client. I vaguely remember making changes to the Windows networking last year to resolve this, but have forgotten what I did. Can anyone suggest what changes I need to implement to stop the problem from happening? Many thanks.

:)

simonb007, May 25, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Strange Issue with HCL Notes mail client on Windows 10 Professional :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 25, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app.

We appreciate your response. A Windows Update usually does not affect the settings of the accounts registered on the Mail application. To resolve sync issues in the Windows 10 Mail app, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this

link

Note: We suggest to follow the hierarchy of steps based on how they are listed on the link.

We look forward to an update on your concern.

Jelu Cal, May 25, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Strange Issue with HCL Notes mail client on Windows 10 Professional :(

Zakin, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Strange Issue with HCL Notes mail client on Windows 10 Professional - Similar Threads - Strange Issue HCL

2. Windows 10 mail client sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail client sync: In the Windows 10 mail client now Outlook I have hooked up to my gmail account. If I delete a message in gmail, it still shows in the Outlook inbox. Is there some way I can sync the deletes?...
  3. A Few Issues with Thunderbird Mail Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Few Issues with Thunderbird Mail Client: Greetings all, Win 7 Ultimate 1 TB SATA HD 2g's ram 2.8 GZ I started using Thunderbird e-mail client (V 89.0.1) (TB) about 1-2 weeks ago and have had quite a few problems, mostly due to my limited knowledge of this "new-to-me" program.... 1...When I click on any link sent...
  4. Mail client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail client: After windows10 update on 4 aug 2020 I am getting the following message on start up: Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run outlook and set as default client. I went to outlook2019, file, general,...
  5. strange windows 10 mail issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    strange windows 10 mail issue: i have a strange issue with the mail app. i have two email accounts and they both show up in the manage accounts window, but only shows up in the all accounts list. at one time both did show up in the all accounts. i was messing around in the settings app in the privacy...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Client not Working

Windows 10 Mail Client not Working: Dear All, I am currently having trouble syncing the inbox from my Gmail Account on my Mail App on Windows 10 device. I have tried all methods on YouTube and other support sites, troubleshooting and eve command prompt. Nothing works. The weird thing is that sent mail and...
  7. Mail client on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail client on Windows 10: Hello, So I'm having issues with both clients, so maybe you guys know any solutions or other options that I could try out. Not real problems but maybe features they lack. Problems with Windows Mail: language issues (autocorrect and random chinese letters popping up whenever...
  8. Windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail client: When I try to ‘fill the entire window’, which is in the Background (Settings>Personalization) I come across a problem. When I turn it on, everything is OK, but if I close the app and then open the mail app again, the background is set back so it cannot "fill the entire...
  9. Windows Mail Client

Windows Mail Client: I cannot successfully change my email password in Windows 10 to match that of my email platform provider. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail-client/cdf27461-50da-4fc7-9188-943304bdacda
  10. Windows 10 Mail Client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Client: I've noticed after trying the Win 10 Email client to access my hotmail accounts, if somebody attaches a picture to one of the emails and I download that attachment, the resulting file is marked as "READ ONLY". Yet if I download the file while logged on to the outlook server,...