Windows 10: Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10

Discus and support Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed a strange issue starting this week seemingly prompted by nothing (I checked my update history and none were installed recently and I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_AN566, Jan 30, 2021.

1. /u/_AN566 Win User

Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10

I noticed a strange issue starting this week seemingly prompted by nothing (I checked my update history and none were installed recently and I haven't downloaded any new programs recently either), on my Windows PC I suddenly have around 20-30% packet loss over Ethernet. Before you say that this is a hardware issue or my ISP's issue or my ethernet cable, I have confirmed that is not the case. I dual boot with my PC so I have Ubuntu installed as well, and I booted up Ubuntu to test the network performance and it works flawlessly, 0% packet loss whatsoever, same exact machine, same ISP same everything just booted into a different OS, so whatever is going on is some sort of software problem related to Windows. I have spent hours looking online for solutions but I have found none. I already uninstalled my network drivers and reinstalled the latest version, but sadly no difference. Has anyone else experienced this or know why this happens? If so I would appreciate to hear what you did to solve it, thanks.

By the way I'm on Windows 19041.746 , my Ethernet adapter is Killer E2500

submitted by /u/_AN566
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_AN566, Jan 30, 2021

2. Experiencing Severe packet loss and high pings

Bump, the command spearman suggested boosted the d/l speed to 70kb/s, however it didn't fix the packet loss issue, the ping issue's still there but has much less of an effect.

crazy pyro, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10

My English isnt the best on the world, but i understood you suggest it gonna be the router issue?
    As i said before, i tried two diffrent places, with diffrent internet operators and routers. Both places works good on my second computer with windows 7, and both losses packets on my windows 10 computer.

PS
    I pinged Adobe.com and still got packet loss.

TY for your reply.

PS.
    To make it even more simple - i loss some packets even when ping my own router.
    But only from this computer…. still

masynmassino, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10

LAN packet loss

Hello ,

This is a strange one, every test of ping i got a
    packet loss using Ethernet cable but when i use WI-FI adapter it's work fine (no packet loss) .

Im sure that the router is OK and my hardware & software (motherboard) is OK, i tested with same pc a portable Linux using Ethernet and it's works no packet loss,

therefore i think there is some problem is windows 10 so i tried to repair it, but i got always packet loss with Ethernet, so what i do ? any suggest ?, before i get made and do a clean install.

Thank You ,

( I have latest windows 10 1809 , and i update all software from my motherboard manufacturer)

amiroucheacheli, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10

1. Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Strange issue high

2. High latency spikes with 0% packet loss?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High latency spikes with 0% packet loss?: I recently built my pc and downloaded mw2, I have had it for a couple weeks, but it has been effectively unplayable. there have been some matches with less ping spikes but for most my ping will go to 999 or 500+ every couple second and then stop for a bit, then continue. I...
  3. super high ping, lag, and packet loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    super high ping, lag, and packet loss: When playing my favourite games like valorant, apex, or even running a discord, my ping usually spikes up to 3000ms. This happens lately and I have nothing change beforehand. What should I do?...
  4. super high ping, lag, and packet loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    super high ping, lag, and packet loss: When playing my favourite games like valorant, apex, or even running a discord, my ping usually spikes up to 3000ms. This happens lately and I have nothing change beforehand. What should I do?...
  5. Super High Ping and Packet loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Super High Ping and Packet loss: While playing games such as valorant, apex legends or minecraft, or using discord, my ping has very frequently spikes from its usual 30 ping to about 3000. I have had some rare ping spikes that were really bad before, but never have they been so frequent as it has been for...
  6. Super High Ping and Packet loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Super High Ping and Packet loss: While playing games such as valorant, apex legends or minecraft, or using discord, my ping has very frequently spikes from its usual 30 ping to about 3000. I have had some rare ping spikes that were really bad before, but never have they been so frequent as it has been for...
  7. Super High Ping and Packet loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. packet loss

packet loss: how can i stop getting packet loss in the games i play im one a wired connection and i already contacted my internet provider and they said everything was good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packet-loss/d0b7b7f2-121e-4fac-9d73-8e4933b61cea
  9. Packet Loss

Packet Loss: I have been experiencing packet loss with the wifi at my college, but it seems that only i am the one having struggles. my roommate is on the same wifi as me and gets a lower ping, and 0 packet loss. is there a problem with my laptop?...
  10. Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10: Hello, when i bought computer with windows 10 i realized, i got normal ping, but sometimes i got weird delay in League of Legends. Then i turned ON cs go, with net_graph, which showed me loss from 0 to 2%. Then i went to console, and pinged LOL IP, and look at this raports...