Windows 10: Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Discus and support Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by battykoda, Aug 17, 2019.

1. battykoda Win User

Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not being able to connect instead of it not allowing anything to connect.

It's not the firewall. It's not the antivirus - I have tested with several and it is the same. I have done sfc /scannow. And, as I said above, I even wiped the system and reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, erasing everything but pictures and music files that I moved off the hard drive. I have even tried various MalwareBytes type softwares and nothing out of place is found.

When I reinstalled Windows, this happened immediately. There was nothing installed but what comes with Windows and Google Chrome. Sorry, MS, but I really dislike Edge.

If anyone has anything that could point me in a direction, I would be grateful.

Regards

:)

battykoda, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

1. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Strange Issue Internet

2. sluggish issues and google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sluggish issues and google chrome: PLEASE HELP!1. So, I booted up a game on steam that ended up crashing and I decided after waiting, to physically press and hold down the power button my laptop so I could do a shut down. 2. my laptop restarted and updated what I can only presume is a windows update. FYI I...
  3. strange google issue

in Browsers and Email
    strange google issue: All of a sudden google doesn't show most images including the logo. Google images doesn't even show anything. Then i noticed it often won't even responds to links i click. not all but some. I did nothing to the browser except update it a few days ago but it didn't start this...
  4. Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior: Hello,My default browser is google chrome. (Updated)Recently happens when I enter something in the search line, I get the answers but the page is not normal Left to Right, but as a mirror Right to Left. Its still in English and readable. (And some extra small window to the...
  5. Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser - Strange Behavior: Hello,My default browser is google chrome. (Updated)Recently happens when I enter something in the search line, I get the answers but the page is not normal Left to Right, but as a mirror Right to Left. Its still in English and readable. (And some extra small window to the...
  6. Google Chrome Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Issues: Hi everyone anytime I open up google chrome it shortly there after crashes no error message or anything. When I open google chrome a windows sound plays I’m not sure what it’s called though. Does anyone have any ideas submitted by /u/SpokenThread [link] [comments]...
  7. Strange Internet Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Internet Issues: I have had mysterious internet problems on my PC for a few weeks now. My PC (now) runs with Windows 10 Pro x64 v. 1903. My mainboard is the MPG X570 Gaming Plus. I have already tried installing the official drivers, using static network settings, several WLAN dongles,...
  8. Something strange happened with Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Something strange happened with Google Chrome: I was doing several searches on Chrome which I open from a pinned shortcut on my taskbar and opens with my homepage "Google". Not sure what I did but all of a sudden the taskbar shortcut opened to this, [img] I created a shortcut to my desktop and when I click on it it...
  9. Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Google Chrome loading but Internet Explorer works fine: I have a windows 10, MSI gaming laptop and recently had a hard drive failure. Swapped the HHD out for a SSD. I booted into a Recovery USB and windows loaded. Soon after I started seeing issues with google chrome. Before the hard drive failure I never once saw an issue with...
  10. strange Google Chrome search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange Google Chrome search results: Hello folks, I recently upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10 (clean install) but I think that's irrelevant to the issue I'm having. My search results in Google Chrome using Google search look strange (see attachment). When I perform the search on the same machine in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome strange