Windows 10: Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era)

Discus and support Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just reformatted an old ACER laptop (Vista era) which had w7 installed on it. It has got 3GB of DDR2 RAM. For some weird reason I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eLPuSHeR, Sep 30, 2020.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era)

I have just reformatted an old ACER laptop (Vista era) which had w7 installed on it.

It has got 3GB of DDR2 RAM.

For some weird reason I cannot install x86 version on it because Windows Installer keeps shutting down and restarting the machine.

x64 version seems to be installing just fine.

I love those Phoenix BIOSes where you had video and system BIOS SHADOWED.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Sep 30, 2020
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Suupala Win User
    Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Sep 30, 2020
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

This is a Crystal Disk Info capture I have made when I was trying to do a MR image for the second time. It keeps failing on me with some weird read error issue. I am using a different program (AOMEI Backupper) and it seems to work just right.

Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era) [​IMG]

eLPuSHeR, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era) - Similar Threads - Strange issue old

2. Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Laptop: It won’t get past the logo “Acer explore beyond limit” and I’ve tried alt key 10 btw :( it doesn’t even show the loadin sign or even come up with anything literally frozen. I have school tmr :(( submitted by /u/annanguyen321 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Acer Laptop Boot Issues: [IMG]Hi, i am having issues with my acer nitro 5 laptop. it recently started glitching out when touching the shell of the laptop, i had to hard re boot it each time it did this. now it wont even boot up, it loads to just before i would enter my password and all i get...
  4. Slots Era

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slots Era: Slots Era will neither install or close to allow me to complete the jigsaw. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference. This app has a problem. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slots-era/d2fe788a-e5b5-4c82-9870-ee963018d9c1
  5. Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop: Hello. i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for good (not detected) until PC is powered off and it's left that way for a while. I checked SMART values and health was ok. I did...
  6. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  8. acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop: my acer will not get past a blue screen that says reset this pc what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/acer-laptop/bb4d505f-58f6-4de7-8364-67ba64b8d85a
  9. Issue with logging in on to old laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with logging in on to old laptop: Here is the deal. Long time ago (6 months or so) I installed windows 10 on my old laptop. Today I accidentally locked my stuff (new laptop, everything) at the office, so decided to go home and use my old laptop for work. However, I have already updated my windows profile with...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436