Windows 10: Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eLPuSHeR, Nov 14, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

Hello.
    i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for good (not detected) until PC is powered off and it's left that way for a while. I checked SMART values and health was ok. I did a surface test too and it came up clean.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.
    Could it be temperature?
    Could it be the drive is dislodged in its socket/connector?

I am currently doing a full backup with MR Free before it starts failing again.

What do you suggest as course of action? I could try with different disks.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Nov 14, 2018
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Nov 14, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    Toshiba Laptop power issues

Remove battery, remove adapter, spam the crap out of the power button to empty whatever charge there is in the laptop. If that don't work, see above what @FreedomEclipse said, probably the adapter port on the laptop is borked, happens alot to heavily used laptops, especially Toshibas(huehuehuehue)

RCoon, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Thenoob Win User

Toshiba Laptop power issues

Hello,

Forums

a friend ask me to take a look at his toshiba satellite laptop model a665-s6086 the issue is that the laptop is not getting no power. i have check the ac plug it work fine and battery its fine. when i plug the laptop i don't get no light to come on. I have done the hold the power bottom for 30 sec etc.. and not thing . any one have idea where i can start troubleshoot this issue

Thank u

The Noob

Thenoob, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Strange issue old

2. Problem with Old Toshiba

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Old Toshiba: Good afternoon, Microsoft staff. If I may, I’m having trouble with a 2006 Microsoft Vista Toshiba laptop. I know. Not exactly cutting edge, but it’s all I’ve had to fall back onTo be honest, I’ve had to use it on safe mode for some time now because it lags in normal mode....
  3. Problem with Old Toshiba

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Old Toshiba: Good afternoon, Microsoft staff. If I may, I’m having trouble with a 2006 Microsoft Vista Toshiba laptop. I know. Not exactly cutting edge, but it’s all I’ve had to fall back onTo be honest, I’ve had to use it on safe mode for some time now because it lags in normal mode....
  4. Recovery software for old Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery software for old Toshiba laptop: Can I get a free recovery for Toshiba laptop C-50.The laptop turns on.But nothing happens after.Tried to reset to factory by F11 but does not reboot.Not sure which window it is-but think its windows8...
  5. Recovery software for old Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery software for old Toshiba laptop: Can I get a free recovery for Toshiba laptop C-50.The laptop turns on.But nothing happens after.Tried to reset to factory by F11 but does not reboot.Not sure which window it is-but think its windows8...
  6. Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange issue with old ACER laptop (Vista era): I have just reformatted an old ACER laptop (Vista era) which had w7 installed on it. It has got 3GB of DDR2 RAM. For some weird reason I cannot install x86 version on it because Windows Installer keeps shutting down and restarting the machine. x64 version seems to be...
  7. Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop: When my laptop starts up, not getting login screen to enter password. It directly goes yto background ,screensaver screen. When i press any key, it attempts to get to login screen ,password text box flickers and its back to my screensaver. Any help is appreciated. thanks...
  8. Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba laptop: I have a USB devise to make my PC go faster, it say's plug in turn PC on and hold the reboot button, but I don't no what button that is. Can you help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop/3a56aa55-9077-43b9-8d6a-223d4714944c
  9. Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10: i have toshiba laptop satellite 55 with W10. When i start the computer the cursor on the touchpad works fine but when the computer programs all open up i can no longer see the arrow of the touchpad. I have tried fn 5 and fn9 but still cant see ii. What can i do?...
  10. Toshiba Laptop audio issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop audio issues.: I have no sound or audio on my Toshiba Laptop. the toolbar has a small speaker on it,which applies to earphone speaker. I think windows update is the problem,as I try to download them ,which takes hours to download , then I keep getting error messages. I have tried removing...