Windows 10: Strange keyboard issue

Discus and support Strange keyboard issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LG-Laptop, Sep 19, 2021.

1. LG-Laptop Win User

Strange keyboard issue

Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though - for example, I can press the windows key, do ctrl+p, do windows+x. I can also do on UK keyboard layout the "\" key to left of space and the ' sort of key to the left of "1". The num pad, numbers, letters etc don't work.So, normally I can use the laptop keyboard simultaneously with the wireless keyboard ie I can us

:)

LG-Laptop, Sep 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 19, 2021
  3. swbst3 Win User
    Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications.

Here is what I know:

• -It doesn't seem to be every application. A lot of the times, I open a new email and suddenly cannot type. When this occurs, the delete, home, insert keys still work on the keyboard (inside of the new email reply).

• -When I can no longer type in an application, I can open an Internet browser and still type to enter a URL or search Google so the keyboard never completely stops functioning...only for the application where the problem is currently happening.

• -When I can no longer type in an application, other applications still allow me to type like there is no issue at all.

• -Unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in does not resolve the issue. Additionally, as mentioned above, the keyboard still works in other open applications.

• -Laptop has 16GB of memory. I do not believe this is a performance related issue.

• -I am rebooting my laptop a few times a day to fix the issue.

• -I am also noticing that after 10-15 minutes or so, the program(s) that previously prohibited me from typing (all of a sudden), will just start working again as if nothing ever happened.

• -Restarting the laptop fixes the issue. Closing the program experiencing the issue and then re-opening does NOT fix the problem.

What I can't figure out:

• -I cannot figure out a pattern as to which applications are experiencing this issue. It happens often in Outlook and also happens in my IM client (using pidgin). It has happened as well in SQL Server.
    • -I cannot figure out how long it takes for the program to "recover." As I mentioned above, I don't always have to reboot for the keyboard to start working again. Sometimes waiting several minutes fixes the problem.

I am troubleshooting as well as I can, but I am also quite busy with work so sometimes the easiest method is simply to reboot and hope I catch on to some pattern the next time the issue occurs.

Any help provided will certainly be appreciated as this is starting to become quite frustrating. I am also going to check HP's support, but my first inclination is that this is a Windows 10 issue.

Thanks in Advance!

swbst3, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Strange keyboard issue

Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

yeah youre right, im gonig to plug the keyboard in the back, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

yeah youre right, im gonig to plug the keyboard in the back, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

looks like all the ports are usb 3.0, i'll plug the keyboard to the back

camilostatis, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Strange keyboard issue

1. Strange keyboard issue - Similar Threads - Strange keyboard issue

2. Strange Login Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Login Keyboard Issue: Not sure where I should post this but I'm really confused. Earlier I restarted to update Windows10 and it got stuck at 90% for around 2 hours. I reluctantly restarted my computer during the update. When it booted up everything was fine after it said it was reverting the...
  3. Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange usb stick/keyboard issue: I'm running windows 10 version 1902 build 18362.657 my pc has 2 usb 3.0 ports in the front the first usb port has my usb keyboard plugged in, the second one, I use for usb sticks I have 2 usb sticks, one of them, when plugged in has no issues the other usb stick, when...
  4. Strange issue

Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  5. Strange keyboard layout issue

Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  6. Strange issue

Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  8. Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10: All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications. Here is what I...
  9. Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard...

Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard...: So this day just couldn't be better, I don't even know what's going on anymore, and apparently neither does my Google search world. The best way to describe what's somehow going on is this "Gggggggggggggg," key spam effect that happens when I simply press a key once. It...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436