Windows 10: Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

Discus and support Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swbst3, Aug 31, 2015.

1. swbst3 Win User

Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications.

Here is what I know:

• -It doesn't seem to be every application. A lot of the times, I open a new email and suddenly cannot type. When this occurs, the delete, home, insert keys still work on the keyboard (inside of the new email reply).

• -When I can no longer type in an application, I can open an Internet browser and still type to enter a URL or search Google so the keyboard never completely stops functioning...only for the application where the problem is currently happening.

• -When I can no longer type in an application, other applications still allow me to type like there is no issue at all.

• -Unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in does not resolve the issue. Additionally, as mentioned above, the keyboard still works in other open applications.

• -Laptop has 16GB of memory. I do not believe this is a performance related issue.

• -I am rebooting my laptop a few times a day to fix the issue.

• -I am also noticing that after 10-15 minutes or so, the program(s) that previously prohibited me from typing (all of a sudden), will just start working again as if nothing ever happened.

• -Restarting the laptop fixes the issue. Closing the program experiencing the issue and then re-opening does NOT fix the problem.

What I can't figure out:

• -I cannot figure out a pattern as to which applications are experiencing this issue. It happens often in Outlook and also happens in my IM client (using pidgin). It has happened as well in SQL Server.
    • -I cannot figure out how long it takes for the program to "recover." As I mentioned above, I don't always have to reboot for the keyboard to start working again. Sometimes waiting several minutes fixes the problem.

I am troubleshooting as well as I can, but I am also quite busy with work so sometimes the easiest method is simply to reboot and hope I catch on to some pattern the next time the issue occurs.

Any help provided will certainly be appreciated as this is starting to become quite frustrating. I am also going to check HP's support, but my first inclination is that this is a Windows 10 issue.

Thanks in Advance!

:)

swbst3, Aug 31, 2015

2. Strange issue with keyboard

After updating my laptop to windows 10 my keyboard acts so strange sometimes.

My normal keys Turns into shortucs wich for example when I press "A" it opens Action centre instead of typing it.

I turned off sticky keys first time I boot up my windows, and I tried on screen and even external keyboard but the issue goes on and on..

alireza tooyserkany, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Strange issue with keyboard

Hi Alireza,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Ensure that you check Windows Update for the latest updates and install the appropriate drivers for your keyboard and Touchpad.

[*]Go to manufacturers website and download the latest chipset drivers for your system model and install them.

Follow the methods below if the issue persist.

Method 1: Run
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and see if that helps.

a.Press
    Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
    Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Reboot PC and check.

Method 2:

You have to download the drivers from the manufacturer website.

Update the Mice & other pointing Driver. Follow the steps given below to update the Touchpad Driver.

1.Click on Start.

2.Select Device Manager.

3.Find and double-click Mice & other pointing Driver from the left panel to uninstall.

4.Right-click the device, and click Update.

If the issue still persists, you have to download the drivers from the manufacturer website and install it in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

a.Right click the driver installation file and select Properties
    then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b.Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode
    for: box.

c.Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
    OK.

d.Try installing the driver and check.

Refer to the link:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...uchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab01

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

1. Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Strange Keyboard issues

2. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange keyboard issue: I just finished re-installing Windows 11. I was in the process of re-installing all of my applications when suddenly my keyboard stopped working in the Windows search.Example:I click on the search option at the bottom of the screen, when the screen pops up I am not able to...
  3. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange keyboard issue: I just finished re-installing Windows 11. I was in the process of re-installing all of my applications when suddenly my keyboard stopped working in the Windows search.Example:I click on the search option at the bottom of the screen, when the screen pops up I am not able to...
  4. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  5. Strange Login Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Login Keyboard Issue: Not sure where I should post this but I'm really confused. Earlier I restarted to update Windows10 and it got stuck at 90% for around 2 hours. I reluctantly restarted my computer during the update. When it booted up everything was fine after it said it was reverting the...
  6. Strange Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Windows 10 issue: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 2004, and the updates are current as of tonight. Suddenly, when you click things on the Windows desktop, they do not respond. For example if I right click on her desktop, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows start button, I...
  7. Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

Strange usb stick/keyboard issue: I'm running windows 10 version 1902 build 18362.657 my pc has 2 usb 3.0 ports in the front the first usb port has my usb keyboard plugged in, the second one, I use for usb sticks I have 2 usb sticks, one of them, when plugged in has no issues the other usb stick, when...
  8. Strange keyboard layout issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  9. Strange windows 10 issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange windows 10 issues.: Everytime I try to do video streaming via crunchyroll there are some strange times that the video player will stop loading entirely. At first I thought it was the app entirely, but then after I close it, None of my apps will open, can't shut down/restart and only way I can is...
  10. Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard...

Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard...: So this day just couldn't be better, I don't even know what's going on anymore, and apparently neither does my Google search world. The best way to describe what's somehow going on is this "Gggggggggggggg," key spam effect that happens when I simply press a key once. It...