Windows 10: Strange keyboard lag that happens whenever I call over discord/skype/teamspeak or whenever...

Discus and support Strange keyboard lag that happens whenever I call over discord/skype/teamspeak or whenever... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Happened for a while now, I went to look for a fix over a separate website and it worked for a short day or two (the temporary solution was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Song H., Aug 4, 2019.

1. Song H. Win User

Strange keyboard lag that happens whenever I call over discord/skype/teamspeak or whenever...

Happened for a while now, I went to look for a fix over a separate website and it worked for a short day or two (the temporary solution was just uninstalling the audio drives and then reinstalling them by pressing "looking for hardware changes" in device manager) but it returned within the very next call.

Here's a video I created to demonstrate the problem, here I am holding g down repeatedly, so whenever it stops that is the lag I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKvwshOnms

I am almost certain it has something to do with the built-in mic, since whenever I do anything with the mic (voice record, call etc.) it happens, even if I do mute it.

I am on a Lenovo 720 Yoga laptop (Intel core i7-8550u CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00GHz, 16 gb of ram)

I'd appreciate any help!

:)

Song H., Aug 4, 2019
  2. Soxa Win User

Disorted and garbled sound in skype,discord,teamspeak 3

Hi guys,

Does anyone have the same problem as me and my gf after upgrading to windows 10 version 1809?
    The sound from programs like skype,discord,teamspeak 3 is disorted and garbled while other sounds from games and youtube and windows itself are just fine.
    1803 didnt had this problem .
    I think its has to be something with voip i think

anyway thx in advance

3. Nordic Win User
    Teamspeak TPU PLEASE READ

@W1zzard @erocker @cadaveca

Tpu might want to consider setting up a Discord server. It is is like teamspeak with a quality voicechat feature, but also has an integrated IRC like chat. If skype and teamspeak had a child it would be Discord. It is still in development, but is feature rich and very well polished already. Discord is free to use and will remain that way indefinitely. I could easily see it replacing the TPU teamspeak server.

Discord website
    Discord Server Setup Page
    Discords feature suggestion page
    DiscordApp

Nordic, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Strange keyboard lag that happens whenever I call over discord/skype/teamspeak or whenever...

Teamspeak TPU PLEASE READ

but teamspeak has a chat and a global server chat as well as channel chat and a client that doesnt hit you in the face with a hammer. Discord is no ones child. Its the spotify to pandoras teamspeak.

Solaris17, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange keyboard lag that happens whenever I call over discord/skype/teamspeak or whenever... - Similar Threads - Strange keyboard lag

2. help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...: whenever i am in a call and when i talk or someone else talks it cuts all audio off except the application im using to call what do i do help...
  3. help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...: whenever i am in a call and when i talk or someone else talks it cuts all audio off except the application im using to call what do i do help...
  4. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  5. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  6. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Pc goes to sleep mode whenever I talk on Voice Chat discord or teamspeak

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc goes to sleep mode whenever I talk on Voice Chat discord or teamspeak: I've been having this issue for a while now and I couldn't find anything similar to it online, so here I am.In a nutshell, whenever I talk on a voice chat, my pc -completely abruptly and randomly- goes to sleep mode, and it's bugging the hell out of me.The thing is, when I'm...
  8. PC Lags whenever I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Lags whenever I turn it on.: Hello everyone I hope all of you are having an amazing day, as the title says; my computer completely lags and starts making some static audio whenever I turn it on after shutting it down and it freaks me out. I've had this PC for almost a year now it was completely fine and...
  9. Input lag whenever I join a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input lag whenever I join a call: Hi, I've been having this problem since I bought this computer and I haven't been so annoyed with it until now, when I have to be on a video call almost every day. Whenever I join a call, like discord, zoom, or in other games, I always get key input lag which is hard to...
  10. Disorted and garbled sound in skype,discord,teamspeak 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disorted and garbled sound in skype,discord,teamspeak 3: Hi guys, Does anyone have the same problem as me and my gf after upgrading to windows 10 version 1809? The sound from programs like skype,discord,teamspeak 3 is disorted and garbled while other sounds from games and youtube and windows itself are just fine. 1803 didnt had...