Windows 10: Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games

Discus and support Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct forum location for my issue, so if this post needs to be moved feel free. I've had my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobashnaba, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games

Hey everyone, I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct forum location for my issue, so if this post needs to be moved feel free. I've had my computer for about a year now, and I've had almost no problems with it. It is a custom built rig, nice stats, Windows 10.

Specs:
    SLI 2 x EVGA GTX 970 graphics cards
    Intel I7 5930 CPU
    Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard
    16gb (8gb x 2) Crucial Ballistix Ram
    Samsung 850 EVO 250gb SSD
    Samsung Spintpoint 1tb HDD

If you need anymore information please do not hesitate to ask.

Anyway, on to the issue. I have been having weird graphical skips for a little while now (2-3 weeks), and I have no clue what is causing them. They are more prominent while gaming, but just moving my windows around or scrolling can make the skips appear. Basically what happens is that every second or so the screen freezes for a very small amount of time and then continues, and repeats the entire cycle indefinitely until it decides to stop. Looking through resource manager I have not found any reason for it, my CPU etc usage is all low, and my temperatures are all below 50C. Sometimes the skipping goes away on its own, other times I just give up and come back later. It can be present right on starting my computer, or it can be present hours afterwards, or sometimes not at all. It is so bad that I find it difficult to even use my computer, let alone game on it.

I've tried all the solutions I could think of. Chkdsk has been run multiple times, SFC scannow showed no problems, testing my hard drives returned healthy stats, reformatting my HDD and refreshing Windows on my SSD did not help, malwarebytes reported nothing, as far as I know everything I have is up to date, reseating and cleaning out/rethermal pasting my CPU did not help, increasing the speed of my fans on my GPU to keep them cool did not help.

Honestly I'm out of options, which is why I'm posting here. Do any of you know what might cause such an issue? I would explain the exact issue better if I knew how, but it is difficult to explain. As far as I can tell sound does not skip while it is happening, just the graphics/frames. It is probably a really simple solution that I'm just missing, but I need your help.

Again, if you need anything more from me let me know, I'm happy to provide it and I'm pretty tech savvy so it shouldn't be too difficult without a simple explanation.

Thanks,
    Zack

:)

bobashnaba, Nov 20, 2015
  2. 3rnis Win User

Windows 10 very poor performance and frame skipping issues every second.

The thing for me is that frame skips or just lags while just moving in BF4,it stutters or something like that,very strange and they said best POSSIBLE gaming experience for windows 10.

This is a joke...

3rnis, Nov 20, 2015
  3. @$#ISH Win User
    Using X Box one Controller for PC games

Help me out with this.... While using the X Box One controller for playing games on PC Games starts lagging.. FPS shutters down too low... Everything is okay (there isn't any lag) if I use Keyboard/mouse for playing.

@$#ISH, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games

1. Strange 'lag'/frameskip while in and out of games - Similar Threads - Strange 'lag' frameskip

2. my pc freezing and lagging while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc freezing and lagging while gaming: Recently i noticed that for some reason my pc latency spikes when playing and having a few background programs like spotify and google, but this didn't happen before and now my cpu usage can be below 50 but my latency goes from 20-30 to 100-1000 causing freezing and...
  3. Big lags in games but only while in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big lags in games but only while in menus: Hey all,I recently bought a new laptop - the MSI Thin GF63 12VE-081 - and performance wise it's great. But I have trouble with in-game menus for some weird reason that let my ping spike insanely high or worst case, I even get disconnected.I'm fairly new to this whole PC...
  4. Everything is lagging while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is lagging while gaming.: When I play a game and my CPU/GPU is around 100%, everything else, for example Chrome with YouTube, lags. This began to happen since I updated to Windows 11.when i cap my frames so my GPU/CPU isnt running at 100% everything works out, this means i cant hear music or watch...
  5. Everything is lagging while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is lagging while gaming.: When I play a game and my CPU/GPU is around 100%, everything else, for example Chrome with YouTube, lags. This began to happen since I updated to Windows 11.when i cap my frames so my GPU/CPU isnt running at 100% everything works out, this means i cant hear music or watch...
  6. Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.: Every now and again while I'm playing games Modern warfare 2, Grounded etc. my pc will cut the audio in and out and lag making any videos or music I have in the background buffer/stutter, however this does not completely freeze my pc as I'm able to alt tab as well as open my...
  7. Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.: Every now and again while I'm playing games Modern warfare 2, Grounded etc. my pc will cut the audio in and out and lag making any videos or music I have in the background buffer/stutter, however this does not completely freeze my pc as I'm able to alt tab as well as open my...
  8. Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games: Hello Windows, After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/ My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It...
  9. Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games: Hello Windows, After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/ My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It...
  10. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown while gaming/massive lag: Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet. System is clean install last month Creators update...